Re: AVG utter Crap do not Use It..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by KiwiBrian, Nov 12, 2008.

  1. KiwiBrian

    KiwiBrian Guest

    "OZZY Boy" <> wrote in message

    > "" An update for the AVG virus scanner released yesterday contained an
    > incorrect virus signature,
    > which led it to think user32.dll contained the Trojan Horses
    > PSW.Banker4.APSA or Generic9TBN. AVG
    > then recommended deleting this file; this causes the affected systems to
    > either stop booting or go
    > into a continuous reboot cycle. So far, the problem only appears to affect
    > Windows XP, but there is
    > no guarantee that other versions of Windows don't have the same issue.""
    >

    > http://securityandthe.net/2008/11/10/avg-virus-scanner-removes-critical-windows-file/

    SQ

    The problem only affects users of the Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese,
    and Spanish language versions of Windows XP.

    EQ
    KiwiBrian, Nov 12, 2008

  2. KiwiBrian

    Mutlley Guest

    "KiwiBrian" <> wrote:

    >"OZZY Boy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "" An update for the AVG virus scanner released yesterday contained an
    >> incorrect virus signature,
    >> which led it to think user32.dll contained the Trojan Horses
    >> PSW.Banker4.APSA or Generic9TBN. AVG
    >> then recommended deleting this file; this causes the affected systems to
    >> either stop booting or go
    >> into a continuous reboot cycle. So far, the problem only appears to affect
    >> Windows XP, but there is
    >> no guarantee that other versions of Windows don't have the same issue.""
    >>

    >> http://securityandthe.net/2008/11/10/avg-virus-scanner-removes-critical-windows-file/

    >SQ
    >
    >The problem only affects users of the Dutch, French, Italian, Portuguese,
    >and Spanish language versions of Windows XP.
    >
    >EQ

    Sure hope they're e right
    Mutlley, Nov 12, 2008

  3. KiwiBrian

    Your Name Guest

    > AVG utter Crap do not Use It..

    If being "utter crap" was the criteria for not using something, then you
    wouldn't even need AVG because you wouldn't be using Microsloth Windoze in
    the first place. ;-)
    Your Name, Nov 12, 2008
  4. KiwiBrian

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs "KiwiBrian" typed:
    > "OZZY Boy" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "" An update for the AVG virus scanner released yesterday contained
    >> an incorrect virus signature,
    >> which led it to think user32.dll contained the Trojan Horses
    >> PSW.Banker4.APSA or Generic9TBN. AVG
    >> then recommended deleting this file; this causes the affected
    >> systems to either stop booting or go
    >> into a continuous reboot cycle. So far, the problem only appears to
    >> affect Windows XP, but there is
    >> no guarantee that other versions of Windows don't have the same
    >> issue.""
    >> http://securityandthe.net/2008/11/10/avg-virus-scanner-removes-critical-windows-file/

    > SQ
    >
    > The problem only affects users of the Dutch, French, Italian,
    > Portuguese, and Spanish language versions of Windows XP.

    Ehhh, only foreigners then, that's fine.

    FWIW I'm *still* using AVG (on XP) and it's been fine for a while now...
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Nov 12, 2008
  5. KiwiBrian

    peterwn Guest

    On Nov 13, 9:02 am, "Your Name" <> wrote:
    > > AVG utter Crap do not Use It..

    > If being "utter crap" was the criteria for not using something, then you
    > wouldn't even need AVG because you wouldn't be using Microsloth Windoze in
    > the first place. ;-)

    Now now now. You are going to get Impossible, Mickey Mouse et al
    overexcited.
    peterwn, Nov 15, 2008
  6. KiwiBrian

    aspir8or Guest

    After applying Preparation H, peterwn finally got comfortable and wrote:

    > On Nov 13, 9:02 am, "Your Name" <> wrote:
    >> > AVG utter Crap do not Use It..

    >> If being "utter crap" was the criteria for not using something, then you
    >> wouldn't even need AVG because you wouldn't be using Microsloth Windoze
    >> in
    >> the first place. ;-)

    > Now now now. You are going to get Impossible, Mickey Mouse et al
    > overexcited.

    And Woger will call you a teenager. After he stops foaming at the mouth.
    --
    Rob
    Be careful with water -- it's full of hydrogen and oxygen!
    aspir8or, Nov 15, 2008
  7. On Sun, 16 Nov 2008 11:49:16 +1300, aspir8or <> wrote in

    > After applying Preparation H, peterwn finally got comfortable and wrote:

    >>> If being "utter crap" was the criteria for not using something, then you
    >>> wouldn't even need AVG because you wouldn't be using Microsloth Windoze
    >>> in
    >>> the first place. ;-)

    >> Now now now. You are going to get Impossible, Mickey Mouse et al
    >> overexcited.

    > And Woger will call you a teenager. After he stops foaming at the mouth.

    Perhaps Preparation H may have some application there as well?

    --
    - Nic.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Nov 15, 2008