Re: avg doing my head in

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bert Hyman, Apr 25, 2009.

  1. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: <>
    wrote:

    > I have avg 7.5. Apparently there will be no updates for it in the
    > near future. There is a free avg 8.5 - but where the hell is it?
    > AVG's website is making a real effort to avoid me finding the free
    > version.

    Have you looked at http://free.avg.com/ ?

    It really does seem to be pretty well hidden.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Apr 25, 2009

  2. Bert Hyman

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, I looked there.

    Do not top post - that style obscures what you are talking about. You
    should first trim away every word you aren't replying to and then put your
    reply under an empty line under just/only the words you are replying to.

    Go to that link, follow the column of comparing the free AVG Anti-Virus
    Free to the pay versions and when you are at the bottom of the free
    version features, click the Download button and not any of the other
    buttons.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 25, 2009

  3. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: <>
    wrote:

    > Hi, I looked there. I hope you are not having a laugh at my expense

    I am.

    > - you are serious when you say its well hidden?

    No.

    > I really cannot find the free version! Might be staring at me

    It is.

    > and I'm missing it.

    You are.

    Start at http://free.avg.com/

    In the box on the left, where it says "Free basic protection", push the
    "Get it now!" button, which takes you to

    Scroll down to see the "Download" button. Press it, which takes you to

    http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe

    On the left under "Get AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 8.5", press the
    "Download Now" button, which takes you to the CNet download site.

    See?

    Or, you could just start at the CNet download site

    http://download.cnet.com/windows/

    and see "AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition" as #1 in the "Most poular
    downloads."

    Or something like that.

    Bert Hyman, Apr 25, 2009
  4. wrote:

    > Hi, I looked there. I hope you are not having a laugh at my expense -
    > you are serious when you say its well hidden? I really cannot find the
    > free version! Might be staring at me and I'm missing it.

    Uhm. Maybe your browser was clogged with ads, popups and junk while my
    firefox (with adblockplus, noscript, fed through privoxy) shows it pretty
    clear:
    http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe
    wisdomkiller & pain, Apr 25, 2009
  5. Bert Hyman

    Mike Easter Guest

    wrote:
    > "wisdomkiller & pain"

    >> Uhm. Maybe your browser was clogged with ads, popups and junk while my
    >> firefox (with adblockplus, noscript, fed through privoxy) shows it
    >> pretty clear:
    >> http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe
    >>

    > Thanks, this link did the job.

    Thanks for the much improved trimmed and contextualized reply.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 25, 2009
  6. Mike Easter wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> Hi, I looked there.

    > Do not top post - that style obscures what you are talking about. You
    > should first trim away every word you aren't replying to and then put
    > your reply under an empty line under just/only the words you are
    > replying to.

    Spot the obsessive.

    I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.
    It's a good way of weeding out the retards who whine like spoilt brats.

    When replying to multiple points, placing replies is an obvious necessity.

    But when replying to a single point, the response makes it entirely obvious
    what's being replied to.

    There's only one thing worse than whingeing retards - and that's pinheads
    who have their readers set to remove original text on reply.
    Hello ?
    To what and whom are you replying ?

    There's more than enough of these tits around.

    Aaaah !
    That's better.

    Centre Parting, Apr 25, 2009
  7. Bert Hyman

    Mike Easter Guest

    Centre Parting wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> Do not top post -

    > I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.

    Are you seeking a discussion?

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Apr 26, 2009
  8. Bert Hyman

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news: "Centre Parting"
    <> wrote:

    > Spot the obsessive.

    Would that be you?

    > I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.

    Good luck.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Apr 26, 2009
  9. Bert Hyman

    Buffalo Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Centre Parting wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> Do not top post -

    >> I LOVE top-posts and never do any cutting.

    > Are you seeking a discussion?

    More than likely a date with you. :)
    Buffalo, Apr 26, 2009
  10. Bert Hyman

    Buffalo Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> "wisdomkiller & pain"

    >>> Uhm. Maybe your browser was clogged with ads, popups and junk while
    >>> my firefox (with adblockplus, noscript, fed through privoxy) shows
    >>> it pretty clear:
    >>> http://free.avg.com/download?prd=afe
    >>>

    >> Thanks, this link did the job.

    > Thanks for the much improved trimmed and contextualized reply.

    Thanks to you Mike.
    Buffalo, Apr 26, 2009