Re: AVG can't eliminate Trojan Horse virus

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PhilGreg, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. PhilGreg

    PhilGreg Guest

    "Jim Chapman" <> wrote in message
    > My AVG free anti-virus program keeps finding Trojan Horse

    viruses
    > Lifeware in C:\Restore\Temp\A0061748.CPY and Soldier in .....\
    > A0061750 CPY and Backdoor.Flood in ...... \A0061751.CPY. When I
    > select putting them in the vault or removing the files the program
    > says it can't.
    > I would appreciate suggestions to effectively remove these

    viruses
    > from you experts.

    ==> In addition to bb3's response;
    AVs are for just that... viruses. Although a few of them will deal
    w/the popular trojan what you really need is a Trojan scanner. 2 fully
    functional trial versions are available; Tauscan from
    www.agnitum.com and The Cleaner from www.moosoft.com
    There are others available as well but these are the 2 that popped
    into my head.

    --
    Phil

    \\\///