Re: AVG 8 free now available

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cima, Apr 25, 2008.

  1. Cima

    Cima Guest

    On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:01:23 +1200, Brian Mathews
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 16:10:49 +1200, Nighthawk <> wrote:
    >

    >>Looks like the best is out of the first two, Avast! and AntiVir.
    >>Which would you pick for XP?
    >>

    >Total JUNK has no Auto Update for dummies and Avast gives to many false positives

    It does have auto update, are you dense or trolling?

    >Kapersky Free is far far better at detecting viruses.
    >

    >This one is Free but no Auto updates at all, you have to dnload it each time, is update 4 times a
    >day..
    >
    >http://downloads5.kaspersky-labs.com/devbuilds/AVPTool/

    Oh great, downloading 18megs worth 4 times daily is very dandy.
    Cima, Apr 25, 2008

  2. Cima

    EMB Guest

    Brian Mathews wrote:

    > Crap you can dnload once a week, it flags you when its out of date.

    You ignorant old ****. Week old AV defs aren't worth a sniff of shit -
    as you regularly wank on about.
    EMB, Apr 25, 2008

  3. Cima

    Alan Guest

    "Brian Mathews" <> wrote in message

    >>It does have auto update, are you dense or trolling?
    >>

    > No it does not as a Computer firm replaced it with Avast that does,
    > was not my PC, but I
    > confirmed that it did not update unless you asked it to.
    >
    > And what I mean about Automatic it runs with out user intervention.

    Hi Brian,

    I am running the free version and I have it set to automatically
    check, and if required, run the updates daily. It does this no
    problem, and requires absolutely no user intervention at all.

    HTH,

    --

    Alan.

    else associated with me.