Re: Avast to many false Positives

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cima, Apr 12, 2008.

  1. Cima

    Cima Guest

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:12:24 +1200, Brian Mathews
    <> wrote:

    >I have noticed over a few months that Avast 4.7/4.8 Home gives far to many false positives that
    >compared to what Kaspersky finds.
    >
    >As Kaspersky is rated as one of the top, I can no longer trust Avast..

    Yeah, we saw the same fuckin post last night, go join tubby here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUS6vqjhR8

    Cima, Apr 12, 2008

  2. Cima

    EMB Guest

    Brian Mathews wrote:
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:29:28 +1200, Cima <> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:12:24 +1200, Brian Mathews
    >> <> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I have noticed over a few months that Avast 4.7/4.8 Home gives far to many false positives that
    >>> compared to what Kaspersky finds.
    >>>
    >>> As Kaspersky is rated as one of the top, I can no longer trust Avast..
    >>>

    >> Yeah, we saw the same fuckin post last night, go join tubby here:
    >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUS6vqjhR8
    >>

    > And you help in this News Group IS..????

    Greater than yours Roger - at least Cima made us laugh.

    EMB, Apr 12, 2008

  3. Cima

    Cima Guest

    On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 13:36:33 +1200, Brian Mathews
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:29:28 +1200, Cima <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:12:24 +1200, Brian Mathews
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>I have noticed over a few months that Avast 4.7/4.8 Home gives far to many false positives that
    >>>compared to what Kaspersky finds.
    >>>
    >>>As Kaspersky is rated as one of the top, I can no longer trust Avast..
    >>>

    >>Yeah, we saw the same fuckin post last night, go join tubby here:
    >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUS6vqjhR8
    >>

    >And you help in this News Group IS..????

    What help do you want with false positives? Contact Avast support. Maybe if you
    didn't use a 7 year old browser you wouldn't get infected.
    HTH

    Cima, Apr 12, 2008
  4. In article <48001433$>, EMB did write:

    > Brian Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 12:29:28 +1200, Cima <> wrote:

    >>Yeah, we saw the same fuckin post last night, go join tubby here:
    >>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nUS6vqjhR8

    >> And you help in this News Group IS..????
    >>

    > Greater than yours Roger - at least Cima made us laugh.

    No no, he said "you help", so Cima really did help him. The rest of the
    sentence didn't make sense, but that's normal with him. :)

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Apr 12, 2008