Re: avast ads

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Jeff Strickland, Mar 2, 2009.

  1. You gotta stop using the free version. Free stuff is just an ad for the
    stuff they want you to buy.

    Jeff Strickland, Mar 2, 2009

  2. Jeff Strickland

    - Bobb - Guest

    > "John" <> wrote in message
    >> how do you get rid of the ads that keep popping up courtesy of the
    >> avast av software? I keep getting one asking me to buy the full
    >> product. It opens up in an explorer window but I am sticking with the
    >> free version. Is there away to disable this or to cancel the service
    >> in msconfig? If so what is the name of this service?

    My free version (4.8) has no ads for what I use : did you get yours here ?

    I only use the standard shield - not all modules - maybe that's why ?
    I use ZoneAlarm for firewall.

    Open avast icon in system tray - click " Details "
    or
    right-click systray icon - then program settings

    - Bobb -, Apr 30, 2009

  3. "- Bobb -" <bobb@noemail.123> wrote in message

    >> "John" <> wrote in message
    >>> how do you get rid of the ads that keep popping up courtesy of the
    >>> avast av software? I keep getting one asking me to buy the full
    >>> product. It opens up in an explorer window but I am sticking with the
    >>> free version. Is there away to disable this or to cancel the service
    >>> in msconfig? If so what is the name of this service?

    > My free version (4.8) has no ads for what I use : did you get yours here
    > ?
    >
    > I only use the standard shield - not all modules - maybe that's why ?
    > I use ZoneAlarm for firewall.
    >
    > Open avast icon in system tray - click " Details "
    > or
    > right-click systray icon - then program settings

    I also use Avast free version, received via a freeware site, and do not
    receive nags. As stated above, problem can probably be resolved via Program
    Settings. If not, consider reinstalling and watch carefully for check
    boxes.

    Also, if no conflict occurs, you should probably run the additional shields
    on Avast. With these in place, Avast has caught a few nasty critters for
    me.

    Woof

    James D. Andrews, Apr 30, 2009