Re: Auto rotate JPEGs

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Guido Vollbeding, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Janko wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am trying to find a software that would automatically rotate my
    > JPEG photos by EXIF Orientation tag. The only solution I could
    > find by now is Photoshop, but unfortunately it "forgets" some of
    > the (probably non standard) fields. Other programs (like
    > IrfanView) do rotate the image, but do not update the EXIF
    > Orientation tag.
    >
    > Is there a (possibly free) program that does this by batch?

    exifautotran is an open source Unix script which does this:

    http://jpegclub.org/exif_orientation.html

    Note: It is important to use the Exif patched jpegtran version
    for this to work (see Exif Patch Page).
    ABC-View is a Windows application which uses this procedure:

    http://www.abc-view.com/articles/article5.html

    Regards
    Guido

    Guido Vollbeding, Aug 5, 2003