Re: Audio Playback

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by soundblasted, Feb 22, 2007.

  1. soundblasted

    soundblasted Guest

    "Joshuall" <> wrote in message
    > Have used Nero to rip some cds to my computer. All of them sounded really
    > well for a long time, but now some of the songs on some of the albums are
    > real fuzzy sounding. Do I need to delete and re rip or is there a utility
    > to clean this up. I'm a bit of a newby to this so excuse me if I left some
    > pertinent info out. Will to take my beatings for that and always
    > appreciate the help. thanks guys.
    >

    > Josh The Bad Bear

    You ripped to HDD as CDA or WAV Or as one of compressed formats -
    WMA, MP3 etc?
    A file saved to a HDD folder is unlikely to deteriorate, it will either
    become totally unplayable through corruption/fragmentation or stay
    exactly as saved.
    What media player? Have you changed settings such as equiliser or volume.
    Have you tried comparing the original CD track played back via same
    media player and a track saved to HDD, if problem is now evident with
    CD playback indicates a frequency/bandwidth problem which maybe
    soundcard/speakers/connections etc.

    If you ripped to HDD as either WMA or MP3, and then again converted
    those compressed formats to another or further compression, then
    that will produce in-band noise which could be the "fuzzy" sonics.

    soundblasted, Feb 22, 2007