Re: ATX case rear panel inserts

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:23:04 +1200, "Andrew Bryson" <>
    wrote:

    >"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    >> I am considering upgrading my PC by fitting a new motherboard in the
    >> existing ATX case, which is a high quality case. The problem is that ATX
    >> motherboards unlike the old Baby AT board have various I/O connectors
    >> mounted on the board. These connectors can vary from board to board and
    >> so cases use metal inserts within a cutout to allow for the different
    >> connector configurations in the same case.
    >>
    >> Do motherboards come with these inserts or is it necessary to purchase
    >> them from the case manufacturer.

    >It depends on the layout on the back of the motherboard. If the motherboard
    >has a non-standard layout, then it will almost always come with an
    >appropriate blanking panel. If it has a standard layout, then it usually
    >does not. However all of the motherboards we have sold recently have come
    >with a blanking panel appropriate for the particular board.

    But not for the case, as I found out..
    Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Robert Mathews

    Invisible Guest

    On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 23:03:43 +1200, Robert Mathews <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 9 Aug 2003 21:23:04 +1200, "Andrew Bryson" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>"Mainlander" <*@*.*> wrote in message
    >>> I am considering upgrading my PC by fitting a new motherboard in the
    >>> existing ATX case, which is a high quality case. The problem is that ATX
    >>> motherboards unlike the old Baby AT board have various I/O connectors
    >>> mounted on the board. These connectors can vary from board to board and
    >>> so cases use metal inserts within a cutout to allow for the different
    >>> connector configurations in the same case.
    >>>
    >>> Do motherboards come with these inserts or is it necessary to purchase
    >>> them from the case manufacturer.

    >>It depends on the layout on the back of the motherboard. If the motherboard
    >>has a non-standard layout, then it will almost always come with an
    >>appropriate blanking panel. If it has a standard layout, then it usually
    >>does not. However all of the motherboards we have sold recently have come
    >>with a blanking panel appropriate for the particular board.
    >>

    >But not for the case, as I found out..

    Stop buying crap(tm) then!
    Invisible, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Robert Mathews

    Gordon Guest

    On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 11:05:55 +1200, Invisible wrote:

    [snip]

    > Stop buying crap(tm) then!

    Stop posting it then?

    --
    Gordon

    Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
    Works for me, will work for you, so be it.
    Gordon, Aug 10, 2003