Re: ATX case rear panel inserts

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003.

  1. On Sat, 09 Aug 2003 21:21:59 +1200, Ben Perston <>
    wrote:

    >Mainlander wrote:
    >
    >> Do motherboards come with these inserts or is it necessary to purchase
    >> them from the case manufacturer.

    >Sometimes they come with motherboards - my last one did, anyway. Just
    >ask beforehand...

    But they don't fit all cases..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Robert Mathews wrote:

    > But they don't fit all cases..

    Well they should, since the hole size is part of the ATX standard

    If you have one that doesnt, then either the case or the insert isnt ATX.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Aug 10, 2003

  3. On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 20:48:20 +1200, Richard Malcolm-Smith <>
    wrote:

    >Robert Mathews wrote:
    >
    >> But they don't fit all cases..

    >Well they should, since the hole size is part of the ATX standard
    >
    >If you have one that doesnt, then either the case or the insert isnt ATX.

    I had a Mycomp/ TMC case and that used a Large metal box type blanking plate,
    and I could not fit a normal MoBo type one or get a new one from TMC..

    FACT..

    Robert Mathews, Aug 10, 2003
  4. > I had a Mycomp/ TMC case and that used a Large metal box type blanking plate,
    > and I could not fit a normal MoBo type one or get a new one from TMC..
    >
    > FACT..

    I dont dispute that you had a case where it didnt fit, what I am saying is that
    one of the pieces was not ATX, since it did not fit.

    Richard Malcolm-Smith, Aug 10, 2003