Re: ATTN: Aardvark they are locking in on your Linux securityblanket. You can run, but you can't hi

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Apr 22, 2010.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:16:11 -0400, DUH-ane wrote:

    > Oh, Aardvark you can be a Linux Lunatic user in denial, but Linux is
    > swiss cheese, and they are coming after it.
    >
    > http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/scrt/CD0B9D97EE6FE411CC25736A000E4723
    >
    > SNIP

    An excerpt from my latest run of rkhunter, DUH-ane:

    [root@aardvark2 ~]# rkhunter -c
    [ Rootkit Hunter version 1.3.6 ]

    Checking for rootkits...

    Performing check of known rootkit files and directories
    55808 Trojan - Variant A [ Not found ]
    ADM Worm [ Not found ]
    AjaKit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Adore Rootkit [ Not found ]
    aPa Kit [ Not found ]
    Apache Worm [ Not found ]
    Ambient (ark) Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Balaur Rootkit [ Not found ]
    BeastKit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    beX2 Rootkit [ Not found ]
    BOBKit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    cb Rootkit [ Not found ]
    CiNIK Worm (Slapper.B variant) [ Not found ]
    Danny-Boy's Abuse Kit [ Not found ]
    Devil RootKit [ Not found ]
    Dica-Kit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Dreams Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Duarawkz Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Enye LKM [ Not found ]
    Flea Linux Rootkit [ Not found ]
    FreeBSD Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Fu Rootkit [ Not found ]
    ****`it Rootkit [ Not found ]
    GasKit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Heroin LKM [ Not found ]
    HjC Kit [ Not found ]
    ignoKit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    iLLogiC Rootkit [ Not found ]
    IntoXonia-NG Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Irix Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Kitko Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Knark Rootkit [ Not found ]
    ld-linuxv.so Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Li0n Worm [ Not found ]
    Lockit / LJK2 Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Mood-NT Rootkit [ Not found ]
    MRK Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Ni0 Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Ohhara Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Optic Kit (Tux) Worm [ Not found ]
    Oz Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Phalanx Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Phalanx2 Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Phalanx2 Rootkit (extended tests) [ Not found ]
    Portacelo Rootkit [ Not found ]
    R3dstorm Toolkit [ Not found ]
    RH-Sharpe's Rootkit [ Not found ]
    RSHA's Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Scalper Worm [ Not found ]
    Sebek LKM [ Not found ]
    Shutdown Rootkit [ Not found ]
    SHV4 Rootkit [ Not found ]
    SHV5 Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Sin Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Slapper Worm [ Not found ]
    Sneakin Rootkit [ Not found ]
    'Spanish' Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Suckit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    SunOS Rootkit [ Not found ]
    SunOS / NSDAP Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Superkit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    TBD (Telnet BackDoor) [ Not found ]
    TeLeKiT Rootkit [ Not found ]
    T0rn Rootkit [ Not found ]
    trNkit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Trojanit Kit [ Not found ]
    Tuxtendo Rootkit [ Not found ]
    URK Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Vampire Rootkit [ Not found ]
    VcKit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Volc Rootkit [ Not found ]
    Xzibit Rootkit [ Not found ]
    X-Org SunOS Rootkit [ Not found ]
    zaRwT.KiT Rootkit [ Not found ]
    ZK Rootkit [ Not found ]

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, Apr 22, 2010

  2. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 13:21:23 +0000, Aardvark wrote:

    > On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 08:16:11 -0400, DUH-ane wrote:
    >
    >> Oh, Aardvark you can be a Linux Lunatic user in denial, but Linux is
    >> swiss cheese, and they are coming after it.
    >>
    >> http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/scrt/

    CD0B9D97EE6FE411CC25736A000E4723

    >> SNIP

    > An excerpt from my latest run of rkhunter, DUH-ane:
    > SNIP

    And a little bit more (I'm sure you get the idea, DUH-ane):

    Checking the network...

    Performing check for backdoor ports
    Checking for TCP port 1524 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 1984 [ Not found ]
    Checking for UDP port 2001 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 2006 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 2128 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 6666 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 6667 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 6668 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 6669 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 7000 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 13000 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 14856 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 25000 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 29812 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 31337 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 33369 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 47107 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 47018 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 60922 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 62883 [ Not found ]
    Checking for TCP port 65535 [ Not found ]

    Performing checks on the network interfaces
    Checking for promiscuous interfaces [ None found ]

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, Apr 22, 2010

  3. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:37:30 -0400, Mr. Fabulous wrote:

    > Aardvark wrote:

    >> CD0B9D97EE6FE411CC25736A000E4723
    >>> An excerpt from my latest run of rkhunter, DUH-ane: SNIP

    >> And a little bit more (I'm sure you get the idea, DUH-ane):
    >>

    > Stop running the software as it can be fooled. The problem for you is
    > that you don't know how to look for yourself, and you must rely upon a
    > crutch to tell you everything is ok.

    LOL. DUH-ane, you're so fucking amusing.

    <http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/usenet/guide/faq08-topp.html>

    Aardvark, Apr 22, 2010
  4. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest