Re: Att : Greg Townsend

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Greg Townsend, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. > XP Bug happens on the change of the month, last about a week then it
    > fixes its self, unless I do a clean reinstall of XP..

    Not a problem on my XP machine.

    Greg Townsend, Aug 4, 2003

  2. Greg  Townsend

    Invisible Guest

    On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:57:44 +1200, "Greg Townsend"
    <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote:

    >> XP Bug happens on the change of the month, last about a week then it
    >> fixes its self, unless I do a clean reinstall of XP..

    >Not a problem on my XP machine.

    Nor mine.

    Invisible, Aug 4, 2003

  3. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:07:04 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 20:57:44 +1200, "Greg Townsend"
    ><do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> wrote:
    >
    >>> XP Bug happens on the change of the month, last about a week then it
    >>> fixes its self, unless I do a clean reinstall of XP..

    >>Not a problem on my XP machine.

    >Nor mine.

    Gee how thick can we get, was cause by a crash, power to my HD's was lost,
    stuffed up a few things in XP, only a clean install will fix them.

    Greg Townsend, Aug 4, 2003
  4. Greg  Townsend

    T.N.O Guest

    "Greg Townsend" wrote
    | > XP Bug happens on the change of the month, last about a week then it
    | > fixes its self, unless I do a clean reinstall of XP..
    |
    | Not a problem on my XP machine.

    or mine.

    T.N.O, Aug 4, 2003
  5. On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:50:34 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:26:40 +1200, Greg Townsend
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:07:04 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >>>Nor mine.
    >>>

    >>Gee how thick can we get, was cause by a crash, power to my HD's was lost,
    >>stuffed up a few things in XP, only a clean install will fix them.

    >So you re-install every month?

    No its nort been done yet, Clean Installs takes weeks to finish..

    Greg Townsend, Aug 4, 2003
  6. Greg  Townsend

    pete Guest

    "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:50:34 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:
    >
    > >On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:26:40 +1200, Greg Townsend
    > ><> wrote:

    it

    > >>Gee how thick can we get, was cause by a crash, power to my HD's was

    lost,
    > >>stuffed up a few things in XP, only a clean install will fix them.

    > >So you re-install every month?
    > >

    > No its nort been done yet, Clean Installs takes weeks to finish..

    I can usually wrap one up in afew hours, even with service packs and windows
    update downloads, installing
    some Office, etc.
    Got a short attention span, have you?

    pete, Aug 4, 2003
  7. Greg  Townsend

    Bret Guest

    <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 21:07:04 +1200, Invisible <> wrote:

    >>>Not a problem on my XP machine.

    >>Nor mine.
    >>

    >Gee how thick can we get, was cause by a crash, power to my HD's was lost,
    >stuffed up a few things in XP, only a clean install will fix them.

    Should've done an image then Roger, you could be back up in an hour.

    Bret, Aug 4, 2003
  8. Greg  Townsend

    Gurble Guest

    On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:20:29 +1200, "Greg Townsend"
    <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> had this to say:

    >Me, I've NEVER had a hdd crash. EVER.

    I hope you were touching wood when you said that! LOL!

    Gurble, Aug 5, 2003
  9. "Gurble" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:20:29 +1200, "Greg Townsend"
    > <do_you_masturbate@too_much.com.org.qq> had this to say:
    >

    > >Me, I've NEVER had a hdd crash. EVER.
    > >

    > I hope you were touching wood when you said that! LOL!

    probably scratching his head so that counts :)

    Russell Smithies, Aug 5, 2003
  10. >>> Me, I've NEVER had a hdd crash. EVER.

    >> I hope you were touching wood when you said that! LOL!

    > probably scratching his head so that counts :)

    Does banging one's head on a table count ? Would that make up for previous
    failed 'touching wood' efforts ?

    Or having a woody ??

    Sigh.

    Greg Townsend, Aug 5, 2003
  11. Greg  Townsend

    T.N.O Guest

    "Greg Townsend" wrote
    | Me, I've NEVER had a hdd crash. EVER.

    Famous last words :)

    T.N.O, Aug 5, 2003
  12. T.N.O wrote:
    > "Invisible" wrote
    >>> Gee how thick can we get, was cause by a crash, power to my HD's
    >>> was lost, stuffed up a few things in XP, only a clean install will
    >>> fix them.

    >> So you re-install every month?
    >>

    > And since when does a loss of power to the Hdd mean there is a bug in
    > XP?

    Since it's on Planet Crap Woger. Recently discovered by scientists, defies
    all logic, has one inhabitant.

    Greg Townsend, Aug 5, 2003
  13. On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 17:45:43 +1200, "T.N.O" <> wrote:

    >"Invisible" wrote
    >| >Gee how thick can we get, was cause by a crash, power to my HD's was
    >lost,
    >| >stuffed up a few things in XP, only a clean install will fix them.
    >|
    >| So you re-install every month?
    >|

    >And since when does a loss of power to the Hdd mean there is a bug in XP?

    Sorry you are so thick its waste of time to explain it..

    Greg Townsend, Aug 5, 2003
  14. Greg  Townsend

    Invisible Guest

    On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 20:45:21 +1200, Greg Townsend
    <> wrote:

    >Its corupted files, but no one can find witch ones

    Does these ones ride in on a broomstick?

    Invisible, Aug 5, 2003
  15. Greg Townsend wrote:
    > On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:31:29 +1200, "Worm"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >> "Greg Townsend" <> wrote in message
    >>> Sorry you are so thick its waste of time to explain it..

    >> It is not a bug in XP causing your troubles if its HD related...its
    >> going to be a corrupt file (or 3)
    >>
    >> Surely super-Woger-computerman himself can fix it with his hands
    >> tied behind his back? Surely any "idiot" could?
    >>

    >> Worm
    >>

    > Its corupted files, but no one can find witch ones, tried a few MVP's
    > and they can help nore can you, or even a XP repair..
    >
    > So f off as you know nothing at all.

    You retard.

    You just moaned that it was caused by a power failure to the hdd. How the
    hell can that be a software bug in an operating system

    No wonder a MVP can't fix it - it isn't an XP bug !

    Greg Townsend, Aug 5, 2003