    I replaced fwdnat.pulver.com with its IP address... and it is still
    working.

    Thor Atle Rustad
    T.A.R, Jul 22, 2003

  2. T.A.R

    John Baggott Guest

    "T.A.R" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > An update....
    >
    > I replaced fwdnat.pulver.com with its IP address... and it is still
    > working.
    >
    > Thor Atle Rustad

    I am having similar problems on h323 the ATA only seems to work on the IP
    address for the Gatekeeper and not a URL, my workaround which may also help
    you in your remote config problem is to use a TFTP server (which you can
    host & you can use a url for the TFTP server look up) to update the distant
    ATA with a config you put together, this is quite secure.

    John
    John Baggott, Jul 22, 2003

  3. T.A.R

    T.A.R Guest

    >I am having similar problems on h323 the ATA only seems to work on the IP
    >address for the Gatekeeper and not a URL, my workaround which may also help
    >you in your remote config problem is to use a TFTP server (which you can
    >host & you can use a url for the TFTP server look up) to update the distant
    >ATA with a config you put together, this is quite secure.
    >
    >John

    Thanks for your suggestion. The thought has struck my mind, but I
    have yet to study the documentation for TFTP.

    The funny thing is... now I replaced the IP with a URL, and the phone
    works fine. I noticed one thing - now it reads fwdnat.pulver.com:5082
    (with a colon), whereas in the past it has been changed into a "."
    when I hit the Apply button.

    Thor
    T.A.R, Jul 22, 2003