Re: ATA/100

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by why?, May 10, 2008.

  1. why?

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 09 May 2008 13:49:47 -0500, Sarah Houston wrote:

    >It says in my manual that my Shuttle AK31 mainboard will support ATA/100
    >HD's.

    Full of questions, no problem with your PC?

    >Are those a lot faster than regular IDE?

    What is regular IDE?

    >Do they require different kinds of cables?

    Yes, although are generally compatiable with ATA/66 /33 and 40pin/40wire
    cables they will just run at the slower speed.

    ATA/100 /133 use different controllers and cables for the higher speeds.

    www.google.com for ATA/66 ATA/100

    http://www.hardwaresecrets.com/article/45
    http://www.seagate.com/support/kb/disc/ultra_ata100.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT_Attachment