Re: At A Loss help please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Oct 26, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    Howard <> wrote in

    > This is a post I got. he is running vista. I tried him with mlleware

    It's *malware* bytes for one thing. Did you update the information files
    *before* you ran a scan? And did you run a scan on *all* files on the hard
    drive(s)?

    > bytes etc , but now need someone with more brains than me. (not hard)
    > any positive input would be greatly appreciated.
    >

    > well, earlier today i started getting redirected to websites
    > such as
    > something called 7search, gomeo and even gumtree and the national
    > accident helpline. i have run malwarebytes, kaspersky, rkill and
    > superantispyware and after the first three it instead has started
    > either crashing or failing to load websites straight from the browser.
    > however if i click on cache that seems to work and also if the link
    > appears in my history that also means i can get on the website but not
    > the normal way. another odd thing is that it only happens half the
    > time. if i restart my computer and go on internet then it works fine
    > but if i close internet and open it again it just starts again and
    > after a while crashes. after it crashes it works again. after using
    > super anti spyware it found a couple of malware and 637 tracking
    > cookies, i thought that this may be it but after quarantining and
    > removing them it still fails to work properly? i have checked a couple
    > of websites including this one in the link bar which i think may be
    > the problem im having but im not sure Edit by user 26 Oct 19:04
    > http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnZBkWqp4kV9kxP.W0ArRSIjz

    Clear the cache and the temporary internet files and cookies and set the
    home page to blank and then run with a malware scanner updated as I say
    above.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Oct 26, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    Aardvark Guest

    On Tue, 26 Oct 2010 21:21:52 +0000, chuckcar wrote:

    > It's *malware* bytes for one thing.

    It's *Malwarebytes* for one thing, chuckie.

    --
    The rocket bombs which fell daily on London were probably fired by
    the Government of Oceania itself, ’just to keep people frightened’.

    Aardvark, Oct 26, 2010