Re: Asus CUSL2 mobo

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Bry, Oct 28, 2003.

  1. Bry

    Bry Guest

    Heya Kathy,
    I do have this board and yes it is very picky about memory.
    I have read several articles that insist that One sided memory is
    what this board will love.
    I have tried to use double sided ram and ran into the same problems.
    So I can attest to that theory.
    :)
    Bry
    Soon to be certified

    Bry, Oct 28, 2003

  2. Bry

    Andrew Tang Guest

    It's been awhile back but I had two doubled sided 256 meg Kingston modules
    on this board and it was fine. Can't remember what chips were on the
    modules. It was a recognizable brand and not "Kingston" or nameless, both
    of which I've seen.

    Also sometimes ASUS puts out BIOS that improves on memory compatibility. So
    flash the latest version on but make sure when you flash you do that with
    reliable memory.

    Andy

    Andrew Tang, Oct 28, 2003

  3. Bry

    RussS Guest

    Hey Kathy

    Have ran Kingston, Legend, Century and Amicroe without any problems. I do
    however seem to remember a few people having problems with double sided RAM
    on the MoBo - also remember an issue about some new RAM not working with the
    old stuff, but working perfectly on its own.

    Russ
    RussS, Oct 28, 2003