Re: Asus A7V8X problems

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by D, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. D

    D Guest

    Could be power supply. Does the PS fan spin? Also, for around $13.00 you can
    pickup an ATX PS tester. Also, if you are handy with a multimeter, you can
    test the 12v, 5v, and 3.3v lines. I would definately eliminate the PS as the
    source of your problem before moving on to the motherboard.

    Hope this helps,

    D.

    "Lenny" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I'm helping a friend build a PC. I've built a couple before, and I am
    > almost positive this is a bad mobo, but I wanted to run this by here

    before
    > he RMA'd it.
    >
    > It won't power up. No fans spinning at all. The green LED on this mobo

    is
    > on (good), as well as the red RED (bad - means a 3.3v AGP card in the

    slot,

    D, Aug 7, 2003

  2. D

    Lenny Guest

    It took ASUS less than 2 minutes to tell us that we had a bad motherboard.
    I guess the red LED being on without the video card even plugged in was a
    dead giveaway. The PS is high quality, I doubt its bad, and the mobo was
    receiving power anyways (just refusing to switch on). We're going to try
    the new kt600 board.

    Lenny, Aug 7, 2003