Re: Asterisk setup?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Ian, May 9, 2005.

  1. Ian

    Ian Guest

    "Andrew Hodgson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > What are people using as Asterisk servers? What sort of specs are
    > best, and does anyone know if there are any packaged systems available
    > with web interface etc? I am not really sure of most of the config
    > options in the config files - I am not a telecoms expert, although do
    > understand some of the sections re codecs etc.
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Andrew.
    > --
    > Andrew Hodgson in Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK.
    > My Email: use <andrew at hodgsonfamily dot org>.

    Hi.

    My Box here is an Dual 1.3G 2U server with 760Meg of ram, The version of * I
    run on this is a fairly recent version of head. I avoid *@home as its quirky
    with respect to conf files. I have a clone X101 with CLI patch applied for
    all my business use i use voiptalk iax trunks .
    Added features are 1471 for reading back the last 10 callers, Password
    protected remote access, script to divert "international" calls to an IVR
    and system speed dials. For phones I use Mitel 5215, BT102 and 101, Xlite,
    and Xpro for PDA. and a ATA186 for fax and Dect.
    I also restart * nightly, backup the conf files and copy the CDR records to
    a safe location with a simple cron job.

    Ian
    Ian, May 9, 2005