Re: Asterisk @ Home ... Sound file on answer...

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by JC, Jul 21, 2006.

  1. JC

    JC Guest

    On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 20:55:13 +0100, Sean
    <> wrote:

    >I would like on asterisk @ home to have a sound file of my choice played
    >to me when i pick up calls from different trunks... For example when i
    >pickup a call coming in on trunk 1, i would like "trunk 1" to be said
    >when i pickup the phone.

    Duno about @home, but on the standard Asterisk you can use the 'A'
    option in the dial command to play any file to the person called on
    answer, while the caller still hears ringing.

    Rgds
    Jonathan

    JC, Jul 21, 2006

  2. JC

    Sean Guest

    Thank you very much!!! Have that working now :)

    Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it
    can play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script :D

    Sean, Jul 21, 2006

  3. JC

    paul123 Guest

    Sean wrote:
    > Thank you very much!!! Have that working now :)
    >
    > Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it
    > can play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script :D

    Set up a ring group and select your recording from the "announcement"
    option. Then in inbound routing, point the incoming number at that ring
    group.

    paul123, Jul 21, 2006
  4. JC

    paul123 Guest

    paul123 wrote:
    > Set up a ring group and select your recording from the "announcement"
    > option. Then in inbound routing, point the incoming number at that ring
    > group.

    Just thought, this is in freepbx.... I don't think AMP has that option.

    paul123, Jul 21, 2006
  5. JC

    Jono Guest

    "Sean" <> wrote in message
    > Thank you very much!!! Have that working now :)
    >
    > Been trying to find the opposite too... So when i pickup the phone it can
    > play a recording to the caller... save me saying a big script :D

    Surely that's a queue you want?

    You could even use an IVR.

    Jono, Jul 21, 2006
  6. JC