re-assigning a freetalk adapter?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk, May 7, 2006.

  1. Guest

    On Sun, 7 May 2006 23:51:15 +0100, oakleydoakley
    <> wrote:

    >When I set it (freetalk adapter) up I had a problem and freetalk told
    >me how to change the mac address (quantum physics to me!!!) but it did
    >seem to let me into the adaptor's secret insides????

    Admin and Admin will get you into the insides but I do not think it
    can be used with any other service .

    , May 7, 2006

  2. When my 1 year contract expires can I re-assign my freetalk adapter t
    use (for example voipstunt. etc) another provider? I have been VER
    impressed with voipstunt sound quality 95% of the time. Freetalk i
    always just o.k.
    In addition stunt is only 10 euros for 4 months of normal uk landline
    and many other countries......getting this service working with m
    adapter would be fantastic!

    Anyone clever out there who knows the technical side of this?

    When I set it (freetalk adapter) up I had a problem and freetalk tol
    me how to change the mac address (quantum physics to me!!!) but it di
    seem to let me into the adaptor's secret insides????

    thank

    --
    oakleydoakley

    oakleydoakley, May 7, 2006

  3. Brian A Guest

    <> wrote:

    >When my 1 year contract expires can I re-assign my freetalk adapter to
    >use (for example voipstunt. etc) another provider? I have been VERY
    >impressed with voipstunt sound quality 95% of the time. Freetalk is
    >always just o.k.
    >In addition stunt is only 10 euros for 4 months of normal uk landlines
    >and many other countries......getting this service working with my
    >adapter would be fantastic!
    >
    >Anyone clever out there who knows the technical side of this?
    >
    >When I set it (freetalk adapter) up I had a problem and freetalk told
    >me how to change the mac address (quantum physics to me!!!) but it did
    >seem to let me into the adaptor's secret insides????
    >
    >thanks

    I don't know anything about this adapter. If I were to tackle this I
    would first try to identify the origin of the unit and see if it was a
    rebadged standard product. Then Google for information on unlocking
    it.
    You have to bear in mind that it isn't in Freetalk's interest to
    faciltate access to any competitor via their adapters. It is the
    reason I always advise against putting money into any locked device as
    it is usually money down the drain.
    I wonder what would happen if one were to point out that now the
    contract period was over that you would like to have the access codes
    (well I can guess). Personally I think that access to codes should be
    a 'right' once a contract period has expired.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, May 8, 2006