Re: ASAM.exe problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by VanguardLH, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. VanguardLH

    VanguardLH Guest

    wrote:

    > Win XP Pro
    > Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
    > and now I get this:
    > "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
    > Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
    > connections.
    >
    > Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
    >
    > Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
    > proxy server is working
    >
    > And now I notice IE is also down.
    >
    > What is wrong and how do I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    So are your web browsers configured to use a proxy? Go check their
    configuration options. Just because a pest got squashed doesn't mean
    all the settings it changed got reverted. If the web browser is
    configured to use a proxy but which doesn't exist, it can't connect
    through that non-existent proxy. Unless you are at work (and only in
    some cases) would you be using a proxy to gain Internet access.

    VanguardLH, Jun 24, 2010