Re: ASAM.exe problem

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Jun 24, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    "" <> wrote in

    > Win XP Pro
    > Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
    > and now I get this:
    > "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
    > Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
    > connections.
    >
    > Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
    >
    > Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
    > proxy server is working
    >
    > And now I notice IE is also down.
    >
    > What is wrong and how do I fix it?
    >
    > Thanks

    1. Do a scan of *all* files on your computer with AV software with just
    updated AV information files to make *sure* you are no longer infected.

    2. Talk to your ISP and have them double check all your internet connection
    settings. Don't bother with your email unless that doesn't work either.

    I would find the last for you, but you're not using your ISP to post here.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jun 24, 2010

  2. chuckcar

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 24/06/2010 03:41, chuckcar wrote:
    > ""<> wrote in
    >
    >> Win XP Pro
    >> Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
    >> and now I get this:
    >> "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
    >> Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
    >> connections.
    >>
    >> Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
    >>
    >> Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
    >> proxy server is working
    >>
    >> And now I notice IE is also down.
    >>
    >> What is wrong and how do I fix it?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    > 1. Do a scan of *all* files on your computer with AV software with just
    > updated AV information files to make *sure* you are no longer infected.

    And of course as any competent computer technician will tell you,
    running a scan on a known infected machine is pointless. The drive must
    be removed and scanned in a clean machine.

    > 2. Talk to your ISP and have them double check all your internet connection
    > settings. Don't bother with your email unless that doesn't work either.
    >
    > I would find the last for you, but you're not using your ISP to post here.

    So how exactly would you post to a usenet group without using an ISP?

    Desk Rabbit, Jun 24, 2010

  3. chuckcar

    Tony Guest

    You can't argue with Chuck because he used to take calls from *rank* noobs and
    that was the advice he'd give them.

    Desk Rabbit wrote:

    > On 24/06/2010 03:41, chuckcar wrote:
    > > ""<> wrote in
    > >
    > >> Win XP Pro
    > >> Had asam virus. Cleaned it up THIS MORNING. Firefox just did an update
    > >> and now I get this:
    > >> "The Proxy Server is refusing connections."
    > >> Firefox is configured to use a proxy server that is refusing
    > >> connections.
    > >>
    > >> Check the proxy settings to make sure they are correct.
    > >>
    > >> Contact your network administrator (home computer) to make sure the
    > >> proxy server is working
    > >>
    > >> And now I notice IE is also down.
    > >>
    > >> What is wrong and how do I fix it?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks

    > > 1. Do a scan of *all* files on your computer with AV software with just
    > > updated AV information files to make *sure* you are no longer infected.

    > And of course as any competent computer technician will tell you,
    > running a scan on a known infected machine is pointless. The drive must
    > be removed and scanned in a clean machine.
    >

    > > 2. Talk to your ISP and have them double check all your internet connection
    > > settings. Don't bother with your email unless that doesn't work either.
    > >
    > > I would find the last for you, but you're not using your ISP to post here.

    > So how exactly would you post to a usenet group without using an ISP?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    manners

    Very few. I used to take calls from *rank* noobs but got fired the first day on
    the job for potty mouth,

    realm of understandability

    Tony, Jun 24, 2010