Re: Array cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mort, May 1, 2013.

  1. Mort

    Mort Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:
    > These are supposed to be like insect eyes, i.e. an imaging sensor
    > consisting of an array of imaging sensors, each with an own lens if I
    > understood properly:
    > http://www.pelicanimaging.com/pelican_barcelona.htm
    >
    > See also this article (German only however):
    > http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insektenaugenkamera-fuer-smartphones-
    > 1305-99037.html
    >
    > Allowing to refocus, change DOF etc., similar to the Lytro approach. I
    > wonder if this technology suffers from the same limitations as Lytro,
    > i.e. limited resolution and if it is scalable to larger sensors.

    Hi,

    Your German link does not work on my PC. It comes up every time as page
    not found, in German of course. Please re-post a working link.

    Thanks.

    Mort Linder

    Mort, May 1, 2013

  2. Mort

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > > Your German link does not work on my PC. It comes up every time as page
    > > not found, in German of course. Please re-post a working link.

    > The link has been cut intwo parts by the newsreader software because it
    > is longer than 80 characters.

    only because it was not properly delimited with angle brackets. had it
    been properly delimited, the newsreader software would know it's a url
    and would have made the whole thing a clickable link.

    however, if one selects the entire url spanning multiple lines and
    copy/pastes it to a browser, it will still work. browsers remove
    whitespace and end of line characters for this reason. it is more work
    for the user though.

    nospam, May 2, 2013

  3. Mort

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > I could increase the line wrap width, currently set to 73 characters to
    > some higher value, but would this make sense?

    no

    > Or I could try posting again the long link, just to check if the new
    > Gravity version doesn't break it:
    > http://www.golem.de/news/nokia-insektenaugenkamera-fuer-smartphones-
    > 1305-99037.html

    delimit the url with angle brackets <> and it doesn't matter how many
    lines it spans. software detects it's a url and doesn't break it and
    also makes it clickable.

    nospam, May 2, 2013