Re: Army of Darkness?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Shrapnel, Jun 24, 2003.

  1. Shrapnel

    Shrapnel Guest

    On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:54:05 +1200, (BC)
    wrote:

    >I think it's been covered here before, but which is the best version of
    >Army of Darkness out there?
    >
    >I've had two different versions, but they were both different from the
    >version I remember.
    >
    >The two versions I mentioned were the Anchor Bay 1999 packing version, and
    >the Bootleg version.
    >
    >In the version I remember Ash say "I ain't that good" after he shoots the
    >bad Ash, but in the Anchor Bay 99 version he says "Good, bad - I'm the one
    >with the gun"...
    >
    >So did I remember the line wrong, or is there another version of the movie
    >out on DVD somewhere? Friend of mine was sure that this version is
    >different as well.
    >
    ><=[BC]=>

    Actually the best quality version of this film is the MGM Region 3.

    It surpasses any of those Anchor Bay releases.... BIG TIME!!!

    Anamorphic, Great Transfer, Great Sound... Glad I bought this one!

    Just my 2 cents!
    Shrapnel, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Shrapnel

    Shrapnel Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 03:33:13 -0400, Shrapnel
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:54:05 +1200, (BC)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I think it's been covered here before, but which is the best version of
    >>Army of Darkness out there?
    >>
    >>I've had two different versions, but they were both different from the
    >>version I remember.
    >>
    >>The two versions I mentioned were the Anchor Bay 1999 packing version, and
    >>the Bootleg version.
    >>
    >>In the version I remember Ash say "I ain't that good" after he shoots the
    >>bad Ash, but in the Anchor Bay 99 version he says "Good, bad - I'm the one
    >>with the gun"...
    >>
    >>So did I remember the line wrong, or is there another version of the movie
    >>out on DVD somewhere? Friend of mine was sure that this version is
    >>different as well.
    >>
    >><=[BC]=>

    >Actually the best quality version of this film is the MGM Region 3.
    >
    >It surpasses any of those Anchor Bay releases.... BIG TIME!!!
    >
    >Anamorphic, Great Transfer, Great Sound... Glad I bought this one!
    >
    >Just my 2 cents!

    Oh and i forgot, it's UNCUT unlike the Anchor Bay releases...
    Shrapnel, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Shrapnel

    Shrapnel Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 07:29:10 -0500, "Jay G" <> wrote:

    >"Shrapnel" <> wrote
    >>
    >> Oh and i forgot, it's UNCUT unlike the Anchor Bay releases...

    >If you mean uncut as in "containing every scene filmed for
    >the movie," then you're wrong. If you mean uncut as
    >in "contains 2 secs of footage not in the AB director's
    >cut DVD," then you're correct.
    >
    >However, 'uncut' is a bit of a misnomer in any case.
    >The AB director's cut is the only one that we know
    >had director's approval, and it seems unlikely that
    >AB would've cut this short scene against his wishes.
    >More likely, MGM added the footage without
    >Sam Raimi's approval, or even knowledge.
    >
    >The R3 is still the director's cut DVD to get, but
    >because of the image and sound, not because it's
    >"uncut."
    >
    >-Jay

    That's what i meant, but i do like the fact of having those 2 seconds
    not appearing on ABs ;-) I know i'm a sucker !!!

    But I did get it for the quality of the image and sound.

    As for AB I'm waiting for their Limited-Extreme-in-a-Wooden-Box-
    including-a-Bonus-Chainsaw -Sponsored by STIHL® -Director's
    Sister-in-Law's Cousin Edition...

    I mean 7 editions...sheeeshhhh! ;-)
    Shrapnel, Jun 26, 2003