Re: Army of Darkness?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Kevin, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Kevin

    Kevin Guest

    "Jay G" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Here's a quick history off all the Army of Darkness DVDs for
    > Region 1, listed in order of release:

    > Note that all but the first DVD are Anchor Bay releases.
    > AB clearly underestimated demand for the Director's Cut,
    > and have been making amends ever since. Apparently AB
    > has kept the original poster art (the best) limited to
    > the original LE as a way to pacify those who forked over
    > for what they thought was gonna be a limited release.
    >
    > -Jay

    When i bought my first DVD-ROM i also went searching for my first DVD.
    I ended up getting the 2 disk Army Of Darkness LE because it was the
    only one listed on Chapters.ca. It was on sale, and i had an internet
    coupon, so i ended up paying all of $15CAN after taxes and shipping.
    I still laugh at this and am glad i decided to start my DVD collection
    at that precise time. I only found out it was LE when that next
    director's cut disk was released. Wish i'd known at the time, i would
    have bought more.

    Kevin
    Kevin, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Kevin

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    The "Director's Cut" is what Sam Raimi submitted to Universal. They made him
    change the ending and cut it down to 81 minutes. In hindsight, Raimi liked the
    "Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun" line, but "I ain't that good" was in his
    original cut.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    Help bring "Freaks and Geeks" to DVD at http://www.freaksandgeeks.com/dvd/
    CLOSEDOWN8, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Kevin

    Erik Harris Guest

    On 23 Jun 2003 08:15:36 -0700, (Kevin) wrote:

    >When i bought my first DVD-ROM i also went searching for my first DVD.
    > I ended up getting the 2 disk Army Of Darkness LE because it was the
    >only one listed on Chapters.ca. It was on sale, and i had an internet
    >coupon, so i ended up paying all of $15CAN after taxes and shipping.
    >I still laugh at this and am glad i decided to start my DVD collection
    >at that precise time. I only found out it was LE when that next
    >director's cut disk was released. Wish i'd known at the time, i would
    >have bought more.

    Actually, the next director's cut disc was _also_ LE (the single disc, with
    Muscle Man Ash on the front). I forget the production run number, but I
    think it was 40,000, and each copy is numbered.

    --
    Erik Harris n$wsr$ader@$harrishom$.com
    AIM: KngFuJoe http://www.eharrishome.com

    The above email address is obfuscated to try to prevent SPAM.
    Replace each dollar sign with an "e" for the correct address.
    Erik Harris, Jun 25, 2003