  1. Under USD200 for something similar in spec to my Eee 701 would be pretty
    attractive, don't you think
    <http://www.pcworld.com/businesscenter/article/171560/foxconn_developing_inexpensive_armbased_smartbooks.html>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 9, 2009

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > Under USD200 for something similar in spec to my Eee 701 would be pretty
    > attractive, don't you think

    Only if it'll run Windows.

    EMB, Sep 9, 2009

  3. In message <4aa8451b$>, vitw wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> Under USD200 for something similar in spec to my Eee 701 would be
    >> pretty attractive, don't you think

    > Knock off the Redmond Tax, and I'll take mine with *nix any time!

    Microsoft seems confident it can persuade punters to pay more for Windows 7
    on netbooks, but the analysts aren't so sure
    <http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3877>.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 10, 2009
  4. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    EMB Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <4aa8451b$>, vitw wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> Under USD200 for something similar in spec to my Eee 701 would be
    >>> pretty attractive, don't you think

    >> Knock off the Redmond Tax, and I'll take mine with *nix any time!

    > Microsoft seems confident it can persuade punters to pay more for Windows 7
    > on netbooks, but the analysts aren't so sure
    > <http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=3877>.

    I'll agree with the analysts.

    EMB, Sep 10, 2009
  5. In message <h87t7g$gbv$>, EMB wrote:

    > Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >
    >> Under USD200 for something similar in spec to my Eee 701 would be pretty
    >> attractive, don't you think

    > Only if it'll run Windows.

    Windows would double the price.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 13, 2009
  6. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Enkidu Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <h87t7g$gbv$>, EMB wrote:
    >
    >> Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    >>
    >>> Under USD200 for something similar in spec to my Eee 701 would be pretty
    >>> attractive, don't you think

    >> Only if it'll run Windows.

    > Windows would double the price.

    Scarcely. The OEM would be able to get Windows for a couple of dozen
    dollars per machine.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Sep 13, 2009