Re: Apple slammed for mis-leading advertising with the iphone

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jasen Betts, Aug 28, 2008.

  1. Jasen Betts

    Jasen Betts Guest

    On 2008-08-28, Murray Symon <> wrote:
    >> So the "go anywhere on the Internet" phone cant do java or flash...while
    >> I think flash is not so big (as its mostly used for adverts IMHO) no
    >> java is a bit of a killer...

    > It would appear that Javascript is supported, though.
    > How important is Java in a browser these days?
    > (genuine question, BTW).

    some sites are unusable without it, same with flash.

    Otoh many impressive things can be done with just javascript:

    http://www.elizium.nu/scripts/lemmings/

    Bye.
    Jasen
    Jasen Betts, Aug 28, 2008

  2. In article <g960ch$tdq$2@gonzo>, Jasen Betts <> wrote:
    >On 2008-08-28, Murray Symon <> wrote:
    >>> So the "go anywhere on the Internet" phone cant do java or flash...while
    >>> I think flash is not so big (as its mostly used for adverts IMHO) no
    >>> java is a bit of a killer...

    >> It would appear that Javascript is supported, though.
    >> How important is Java in a browser these days?
    >> (genuine question, BTW).

    >some sites are unusable without it, same with flash.

    Yep. Suggest not using those sites. There's nothing they are actually
    necessary for ... except advertising ususllay ... so why would you bother
    ? :) Just because we can do something doesn't make it a good idea ...
    there's always another way.
    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 1, 2008

  3. Jasen Betts

    impossible Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote
    in message news:g9fbsq$o9v$...
    > In article <g960ch$tdq$2@gonzo>, Jasen Betts <> wrote:

    >>> It would appear that Javascript is supported, though.
    >>> How important is Java in a browser these days?
    >>> (genuine question, BTW).

    >>some sites are unusable without it, same with flash.

    > Yep. Suggest not using those sites. There's nothing they are actually
    > necessary for ... except advertising ususllay ... so why would you bother
    > ? :) Just because we can do something doesn't make it a good idea ...
    > there's always another way.

    A dial-up mind in a broadband world. How quaint.
    impossible, Sep 1, 2008