Re: Apple gives a new meaning to solid state.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by J. Clarke, Oct 28, 2013.

  1. J. Clarke

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > In article <>, Eric Stevens says...
    > > Right now I am running an uninstaller called Revo. The first thing it
    > > does on an uninstall is run the 'uninstall' that came with the
    > > program. That takes only a short time, as you say. Then it goes
    > > hunting for abandoned Registry entries. That may take a couple of
    > > minutes. Then it goes hunting for abandoned files. That can take
    > > anything from seconds to (as at the present) hours. Google Chrome has
    > > somehow installed itself for about the third time and it is giving me
    > > hell when it comes to tearing it out root and branch. Revo has
    > > unfortunately decided to look through about 1.2GB in HDs, just over
    > > half of which is on the end of a USB connection. It's taking forever.

    > Uninstall Revo :)

    It's amazing the problems that people buy for themselves in an effort to
    fix something that isn't broken to begin with. I suspect that Revo is
    another example of purchased malware like Norton Antivirus, that causes
    far, far more problems than it solves.

    Windows survival 101--before you buy a "maintenance" utility program,
    find out how to do the job without it. You'll probably be pleasantly
    surprised.

    J. Clarke, Oct 28, 2013