Re: Apple: An Evil Empire in the Making?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 22, 2010.

  1. <> wrote:

    > http://advice.cio.com/tom_kaneshige/10032/apple_an_evil_empire_in_the_making
    >
    > --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

    If Flash didn't still suck arse on Macs, *nix and even to a lesser
    extent on Windows (though not anywhere nearly as much) I'd be a little
    more sympathetic towards Adobe.

    But as things stand Flash is responsible for more browser crashes on my
    systems than anything else by an order of magnitude, and it hogs the CPU
    like crazy even when Flash content is animating nothing :-(

    So for now at least I could care less if Apple's acting a little evil
    towards Adobe. Cause I think Adobe BADLY needs a kick up the arse to
    improve the god-f**king-awful Flash for Mac.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 22, 2010

  2. Jamie Kahn Genet

    Gib Bogle Guest

    Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    > So for now at least I could care less

    Do you mean you couldn't care less? If you could care less then you must care a
    bit.

    Gib Bogle, Apr 23, 2010

  3. Gib Bogle <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > >
    > > So for now at least I could care less

    > Do you mean you couldn't care less? If you could care less then you must
    > care a bit.

    Only enough to worry Adobe might not learn their lesson and improve
    Flash. Cause if they did that more people might frown on Apple's
    activities. But as things stand - yes, you're quite right: I _couldn't_
    care less :) Flash has given me so much grief I'd be happy to see it
    die.

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 23, 2010
  4. In article <1jhdgvk.751upvrqdw36N%>, (Jamie Kahn Genet) wrote:
    ><> wrote:
    >> http://advice.cio.com/tom_kaneshige/10032/apple_an_evil_empire_in_the_making
    >> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

    >If Flash didn't still suck arse on Macs, *nix and even to a lesser
    >extent on Windows (though not anywhere nearly as much) I'd be a little
    >more sympathetic towards Adobe.
    >
    >But as things stand Flash is responsible for more browser crashes on my
    >systems than anything else by an order of magnitude, and it hogs the CPU
    >like crazy even when Flash content is animating nothing :-(
    >
    >So for now at least I could care less if Apple's acting a little evil
    >towards Adobe. Cause I think Adobe BADLY needs a kick up the arse to
    >improve the god-f**king-awful Flash for Mac.

    So ... what alternatives are there for playing flash files ? Presumably
    there are some here ?
    I'm particularly interested in options for linux ... but maybe if people
    voted by not using the adobe products, they might have to improve them ? :)

    Bruce Sinclair, Apr 28, 2010