Re: APC smart ups 600

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Enkidu, Jun 14, 2008.

  1. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    thing wrote:
    > I have old one one of these but its dead....I tried to charge the sealed
    > 12v batteries overnight but I am getting nothing so....I am reluctant to
    > buy two new batteries in case the unit itself is dead....does it need
    > power in the batteries in order to come to life? I think some of the old
    > ones did....ie can I connect up a couple of car batteries to give 24v
    > long enough to see if it switches on?
    >
    > Best place to buy two batteries if this works? Jaycar?

    I've used the 700 and the batteries for that cost $100 per pair.
    However, what do you mean by "come to life"? As I recall the 700 just
    came on and started working (and charging).

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, Jun 14, 2008