Re: APC smart ups 600

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by RL, Jun 13, 2008.

  1. RL

    RL Guest

    thing wrote:
    > I have old one one of these but its dead....I tried to charge the sealed
    > 12v batteries overnight but I am getting nothing so....I am reluctant to
    > buy two new batteries in case the unit itself is dead....does it need
    > power in the batteries in order to come to life? I think some of the old
    > ones did....ie can I connect up a couple of car batteries to give 24v
    > long enough to see if it switches on?
    >
    > Best place to buy two batteries if this works? Jaycar?

    I need considerably larger and more expenaive batteries for my UPS
    (1400VA). A while ago I was recommended M+H Power in Albany, where I
    took the old batteries, which were connected together, and they set the
    new batteries up for me in the same configuration, for a fraction of
    what it would have cost to buy the APC part (About 1/3 the price from
    memory).

    http://www.mhpower.com.au/

    RL

    RL, Jun 13, 2008