Re: Anyone know how to unpack a TMPGEnc DVD Author ".tme" file?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by MstrControl, Feb 17, 2005.

  1. MstrControl

    MstrControl Guest

    Ken Maltby wrote:
    > These files aren't even encrypted, and contain the
    > various menu theme components. Most of them are
    > Photoshop files, that I can use Gimp to manipulate.
    >
    > The problem is; the individual files that define the components
    > are all wrapped up in these ".tme" files.
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken

    Well... I was having this trouble too, so I rolled up my sleeves and
    did something about it.

    The result is (a fairly experimental) TME Reader that I published at
    http://www.tmereader.no-ip.org

    It's at a very EARLY stage of development, but with help of you guys I
    think I can build something great.

    Regards,

    Paulo

    MstrControl, Feb 17, 2005

  2. MstrControl

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "MstrControl" <> wrote in message

    > Ken Maltby wrote:
    >> These files aren't even encrypted, and contain the
    >> various menu theme components. Most of them are
    >> Photoshop files, that I can use Gimp to manipulate.
    >>
    >> The problem is; the individual files that define the components
    >> are all wrapped up in these ".tme" files.
    >>
    >> Luck;
    >> Ken

    > Well... I was having this trouble too, so I rolled up my sleeves and
    > did something about it.
    >
    > The result is (a fairly experimental) TME Reader that I published at
    > http://www.tmereader.no-ip.org
    >

    > It's at a very EARLY stage of development, but with help of you guys I
    > think I can build something great.
    >

    > Regards,
    >

    > Paulo

    Great, thanks Paulo!

    The gods of the Internet work in mysterious ways. Ask and you
    shall receive.

    I'll check it out and get back with you.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Feb 17, 2005

  3. MstrControl

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "Ken Maltby" <> wrote in message

    > "MstrControl" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Ken Maltby wrote:
    >>> These files aren't even encrypted, and contain the
    >>> various menu theme components. Most of them are
    >>> Photoshop files, that I can use Gimp to manipulate.
    >>>
    >>> The problem is; the individual files that define the components
    >>> are all wrapped up in these ".tme" files.
    >>>
    >>> Luck;
    >>> Ken

    >> Well... I was having this trouble too, so I rolled up my sleeves and
    >> did something about it.
    >>
    >> The result is (a fairly experimental) TME Reader that I published at
    >> http://www.tmereader.no-ip.org
    >>

    >> It's at a very EARLY stage of development, but with help of you guys I
    >> think I can build something great.
    >>

    >> Regards,
    >>

    >> Paulo

    > Great, thanks Paulo!
    >
    > The gods of the Internet work in mysterious ways. Ask and you
    > shall receive.
    >
    > I'll check it out and get back with you.
    >
    > Luck;
    > Ken

    Well it defiantly works. I can see that a lot of work must of gone
    into what you have already. Looks like I've got a new toy!
    I'll send a few ideas through your support E-Mail app.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Feb 17, 2005
  4. MstrControl

    Mark Burns Guest

    I can olny echo Ken's comments. Great job...

    Downloaded this morning, and played with it before heading for work.

    I too will be sending you feedback.

    Cheers

    Mark Burns, Feb 17, 2005
  5. MstrControl

    ironwind Guest

    "MstrControl" <> wrote in news:1108616033.830693.61000
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > http://www.tmereader.no-ip.org

    Pardon my ignorance, but what does this program do exactly? I like DVD
    Author for everything except menu making. It lacks the versatility I want
    so I can create a main menu and a chapter menu they way I want.
    Does this program help with that aspect?
    I am new to this stuff and don't need anything fancy. I just want to be
    able to do slightly more personalized menus than what DVD Author allows.

    ironwind, Feb 18, 2005
  6. MstrControl

    Ken Maltby Guest

    "ironwind" <> wrote in message
    > "MstrControl" <> wrote in
    > @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:
    >
    >> http://www.tmereader.no-ip.org

    > Pardon my ignorance, but what does this program do exactly? I like DVD
    > Author for everything except menu making. It lacks the versatility I want
    > so I can create a main menu and a chapter menu they way I want.
    > Does this program help with that aspect?
    > I am new to this stuff and don't need anything fancy. I just want to be
    > able to do slightly more personalized menus than what DVD Author allows.

    Interesting, what is it exactly you want to do in your menu, that
    TDA can't do? There is a lot that you can do with TDA based on
    the way it lets you replace features in the menu with items you can
    select. You can select from parts that are already loaded in TDA
    or any other source. Visually, with a little ingenuity, there is little you
    can't do.

    The menu structure is limited to the standard arrangements needed
    to select and play Titles and Chapters. It has no subtitle or audio
    stream switching support in its menus. (But most players, and their
    remotes, have the means to switch those items.) There are several
    "tricks" you can use to manipulate how it appears to work, so that
    you can do things like add an "Easter Egg" spot that brings up another
    menu.

    Basically, if you can come up with a still image or motion clip, with
    or without audio, you can make any area(s) of it that you like into a
    selection "spot/button/text/whatever".

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Feb 19, 2005
  7. MstrControl

    Graham Mayor Guest

    What are you using to author that is more versatile - I use Author *because*
    it can be tweaked to do just about anything I would ever want it to do.

    --
    <>>< ><<> ><<>
    Graham Mayor

    Graham Mayor, Feb 19, 2005
  8. MstrControl

    ironwind Guest

    "Graham Mayor" <> wrote in

    > What are you using to author that is more versatile - I use Author
    > *because* it can be tweaked to do just about anything I would ever
    > want it to do.

    Maybe I am missing something in it then.
    What I like to do with menus is have a main menu with a poster or other
    image set for the background (which I know how to do) and one main menu
    page (with buttons for play all and chapter menu) and a chapter menu (with
    a button for main menu/return).
    That's really it. I want to build these menus from scratch and not the
    templates offered.
    Like I said, maybe I am missing some technique here. I am new to the DVD
    authoring thing.
    Maybe some tweak advice could help me out.

    I was looking into using DVDLab Pro, but it seems daunting and more than I
    need. Is there a good guide or book to it anywhere if I choose to go with
    DVDLab Pro?

    ironwind, Feb 20, 2005
  9. MstrControl

    ianpales Guest

    I have been looking aswell a way to edit those .tme files, and found this topic which would solve our problem :) I was trying to download from link given, but seems it doesn't exist anymore.
    Is there any chanse of getting this software from somewhere / someone ?
    I know this is old topic aswell TMPGENC uses already different template file on newer version 1.6. But we still have a need to edit those .tme files used on version 1.5 as on our case TMPGENC 1.5 is part of bigger system.
    I would really appreciate if someone could send me this software.

    Thanks in advance,

    ian.(nospam)@dvb.fi

    ianpales, Nov 22, 2006