Re: Anyone know how to "stitch" 2 PDFs together with Adobe Acrobat?(I have AA6)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Whiskers, Apr 9, 2010.

  1. Whiskers

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2010-04-09, Fairfax <> wrote:

    [...]

    > If this were scanning to an image file, I'd just take the 2 pictures
    > into a photo editor and piece them together, cutting out the
    > overlapping bits, and then would merge the layers. No problems there.

    [...]

    Scan the document into OCR-optimised image files (I think PNG format might
    work better than JPEG), then run your OCR program on each fragment to get
    a bunch of text files, then manually proof-read and merge the files into a
    single text file, then 'save' or 'print' that as a PDF file (optionally
    after using a Word Processor to apply 'styles', page breaks, etc).

    That is how you'd have to proceed if you wanted a 'searchable text' PDF
    file even if you were able to get the whole page into a single scan.

    When scanning, try to get complete lines into each image, as that will
    make merging the text files a lot easier. You're going to lose all the
    'layout' and 'font' and 'style' information anyway to extract text from
    the images, so you don't need to scan blank areas on the original pages.

    --
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Apr 9, 2010