Re: Anyone else having trouble logging in to Foodtown?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Geopelia, Jul 10, 2009.

  1. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    > Foodtown have got a Onecard competition going, but every time I give them
    > my Onecard number etc they say Login failed.
    >
    > Is anyone else having the same problem? I've tried their Help menu but
    > can't log in to that either. Very frustrating.

    What on earth is going on?

    I just got exactly the same Foodtown message from another site.

    I suspect some sort of scam or a virus. But why would a hacker want my
    Onecard number? it's not a credit card.

    The sites are foodlovers, and
    both reputable sites.

    I'll keep an eye out for any others with the same message, and I've
    crossposted to nz.comp. Somebody will probably know what is going on.

    I wonder if Foodtown knows.

    Meanwhile I've updated and a scan is running.

    Geopelia, Jul 10, 2009

  2. Geopelia

    Richard Guest

    Geopelia wrote:
    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >> Foodtown have got a Onecard competition going, but every time I give them
    >> my Onecard number etc they say Login failed.
    >>
    >> Is anyone else having the same problem? I've tried their Help menu but
    >> can't log in to that either. Very frustrating.
    >>

    > What on earth is going on?
    >
    > I just got exactly the same Foodtown message from another site.
    >
    > I suspect some sort of scam or a virus. But why would a hacker want my
    > Onecard number? it's not a credit card.
    >
    > The sites are foodlovers, and
    > both reputable sites.
    >
    > I'll keep an eye out for any others with the same message, and I've
    > crossposted to nz.comp. Somebody will probably know what is going on.
    >
    > I wonder if Foodtown knows.
    >
    > Meanwhile I've updated and a scan is running.

    Are you sure that you dont just have the wrong password for your
    onecard? I havent used mine in so long I dont think its memorized on
    this computer.

    Richard, Jul 10, 2009

  3. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Richard" <> wrote in message
    > Geopelia wrote:
    >> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>> Foodtown have got a Onecard competition going, but every time I give
    >>> them my Onecard number etc they say Login failed.
    >>>
    >>> Is anyone else having the same problem? I've tried their Help menu but
    >>> can't log in to that either. Very frustrating.
    >>>

    >> What on earth is going on?
    >>
    >> I just got exactly the same Foodtown message from another site.
    >>
    >> I suspect some sort of scam or a virus. But why would a hacker want my
    >> Onecard number? it's not a credit card.
    >>
    >> The sites are foodlovers, and
    >> both reputable sites.
    >>
    >> I'll keep an eye out for any others with the same message, and I've
    >> crossposted to nz.comp. Somebody will probably know what is going on.
    >>
    >> I wonder if Foodtown knows.
    >>
    >> Meanwhile I've updated and a scan is running.

    > Are you sure that you dont just have the wrong password for your onecard?
    > I havent used mine in so long I dont think its memorized on this computer.

    I'm on my second card and I use it every week. I know I gave them the number
    on the card.

    But I suspect it isn't Foodtown at all sending these messages from different
    sites.

    Geopelia, Jul 10, 2009
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> Geopelia wrote:
    >>> "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    >>> What on earth is going on?
    >>>
    >>> I just got exactly the same Foodtown message from another site.
    >>>
    >>> I suspect some sort of scam or a virus. But why would a hacker want my
    >>> Onecard number? it's not a credit card.
    >>>
    >>> The sites are foodlovers, and
    >>> both reputable sites.
    >>>
    >>> I'll keep an eye out for any others with the same message, and I've
    >>> crossposted to nz.comp. Somebody will probably know what is going on.
    >>>
    >>> I wonder if Foodtown knows.
    >>>
    >>> Meanwhile I've updated and a scan is running.

    >> Are you sure that you dont just have the wrong password for your onecard?
    >> I havent used mine in so long I dont think its memorized on this
    >> computer.
    >>>

    > I'm on my second card and I use it every week. I know I gave them the
    > number on the card.
    >
    > But I suspect it isn't Foodtown at all sending these messages from
    > different sites.

    I've had an email from Foodtown asking me to phone them about it. I'll do
    that on Monday.

    Geopelia, Jul 11, 2009
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    "Geopelia" <> wrote in message

    > "Geopelia" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Richard" <> wrote in message

    >>> Are you sure that you dont just have the wrong password for your
    >>> onecard? I havent used mine in so long I dont think its memorized on
    >>> this computer.
    >>>>

    >> I'm on my second card and I use it every week. I know I gave them the
    >> number on the card.
    >>
    >> But I suspect it isn't Foodtown at all sending these messages from
    >> different sites.
    >>

    > I've had an email from Foodtown asking me to phone them about it. I'll do
    > that on Monday.

    I've phoned them. They gave me an email address to forward the suspicious
    emails to, which I did.
    Awaiting a reply.

    Geopelia, Jul 13, 2009