Re: Anyone else concerned about anti-competitive dumping strategies?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by John DeLaGarza, Sep 3, 2003.

  1. "Jason" <jasongst @ flex . com> wrote in message
    > There's a Wherehouse (sp?) Music store near my house that recently went

    out
    > of business. With multi-department stores adopting this kind of strategy
    > with music and video titles, I'm amazed ANY music/movie-only dealers are
    > still in business. Department stores are selling items below cost to
    > eliminate competitors on a grand scale. Last time I checked that is
    > illegal., and at the very least it's unethical.

    I too am suprised that movie/music stores stay in business too, with the
    prices they charge only people who dont care about thier money or the stupid
    shop there.

    For me $15 is about how much I am willing to pay for a DVD, unless its
    something really special then I might be willing to pay $25.

    With MP3s and whanot I dont see music stores lasting too much longer, and it
    really wont matter to me.

    John DeLaGarza

    John DeLaGarza, Sep 3, 2003