Re: any way to batch convert Canon RAW to JPG?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mick Ruthven, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Mick Ruthven

    Mick Ruthven Guest

    Sure, BreezeBrowser. www.breezesys.com

    I almost always shoot in RAW with my G2. That way I can correct any white
    balance problems during the conversion instead of waiting until after.
    Without WB problems, not sure how much difference you'd actually find
    compared to shooting in the best JPG. Probably depends on how much
    processing you do in Photoshop afterward. Ask on the Canon Talk forum of
    dpreview.com and you'll get some more experience.

    Mick Ruthven, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Mick Ruthven

    S f S Guest

    In article <Z5eVa.1795$%>, "Mick Ruthven"
    <> writes:

    >BreezeBrowser. www.breezesys.com

    Hi,

    Will it also work with pictures taken with the Canon 10D? Will it save the data
    that the camera implements in the pictures file like which Mode the picture was
    taken in, etc?

    The program FileViewerUtility1.2 that comes with the camera is quite annoying
    for a couple of reasons.

    Cheeers,
    Sussan
    You may Email me taking off my name from my Email address in the header of
    this posted message.
    S f S, Jul 29, 2003

  3. Mick Ruthven

    Lionel Guest

    On 29 Jul 2003 01:13:16 GMT, in
    <>, USSAN (S
    f S) said:

    >In article <Z5eVa.1795$%>, "Mick Ruthven"
    ><> writes:
    >
    >>BreezeBrowser. www.breezesys.com

    >Hi,
    >
    >Will it also work with pictures taken with the Canon 10D?

    Yes. (I use it for both my 10D & my S30.)

    > Will it save the data
    >that the camera implements in the pictures file like which Mode the picture was
    >taken in, etc?

    Yes.

    >The program FileViewerUtility1.2 that comes with the camera is quite annoying
    >for a couple of reasons.

    Yes, it is. :)

    Lionel, Jul 29, 2003
  4. Mick Ruthven

    Lisa Horton Guest

    S f S wrote:

    > The program FileViewerUtility1.2 that comes with the camera is quite annoying
    > for a couple of reasons.

    The primary one, of course, being that it's just a crappy program :)

    Lisa
    Lisa Horton, Jul 29, 2003
  5. Mick Ruthven

    Guest

    In message <Z5eVa.1795$%>,
    "Mick Ruthven" <> wrote:

    >I almost always shoot in RAW with my G2. That way I can correct any white
    >balance problems during the conversion instead of waiting until after.
    >Without WB problems, not sure how much difference you'd actually find
    >compared to shooting in the best JPG. Probably depends on how much
    >processing you do in Photoshop afterward. Ask on the Canon Talk forum of
    >dpreview.com and you'll get some more experience.

    Any contrast, gamma, or brightness adjustments will survive much better
    from a 16-bit TIFF converted from RAW than from an 8-bit file.
    --

    John P Sheehy <>
    , Jul 30, 2003