Re: Any sign of the SP3 coming out on a NZ Computer World Mag disc yet?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Dave Doe, Jun 18, 2008.

  1. Dave Doe

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    > Thanks to anyone who knows if any Magazine disc has the SP3 for XP on it
    > yet.

    Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

    --
    Duncan

    Dave Doe, Jun 18, 2008

  2. Dave Doe

    Mutlley Guest

    Peter <> wrote:

    >Dave Doe wrote:
    >> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>> Thanks to anyone who knows if any Magazine disc has the SP3 for XP on it
    >>> yet.

    >> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

    >bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")

    You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial
    up??

    Mutlley, Jun 18, 2008

  3. Dave Doe

    EMB Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > Peter <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dave Doe wrote:
    >>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

    >> bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
    >>

    > You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial

    There sure are - the OP is one of them.

    EMB, Jun 18, 2008
  4. Dave Doe

    Tony Guest

    Re: Any sign of the SP3 coming out on a NZ Computer World Mag discyet?

    > There sure are - the OP is one of them.

    OP ?

    Tony, Jun 18, 2008
  5. Dave Doe

    Enkidu Guest

    Tony wrote:

    >> There sure are - the OP is one of them.

    > OP ?

    Original Poster. Eb.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    'hilarious', it usually isn't?

    Enkidu, Jun 18, 2008
  6. Dave Doe

    Cima Guest

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:22:07 +1200, sam <> wrote:

    >Peter wrote:
    >> Dave Doe wrote:
    >>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

    >> bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
    >>

    >You are out of date with the broadband if you are thinking of the days
    >of 128k/s

    That'd blow more than a months datacap on that shitty cheap plan Xtra have been
    conning people to join - $16.95 a month for 3 months, 200mb cap.... excess usage
    charges apply. Wonder how many have been caught out.

    Cima, Jun 18, 2008
  7. On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:11:08 +1200, Mutlley <> wrote:

    >Peter <> wrote:
    >
    >>Dave Doe wrote:
    >>> In article <1213785425.363799@ftpsrv1>, scrooge@*shot.co.nz says...
    >>>
    >>> Just download it man - let me look (full version I assume), 324Mb's.

    >>bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
    >>

    >You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial
    >up??

    Yep, when you have no option!
    Time-Warner has finally come up with high-speed but they want a fortune plus a 12 month contract.

    There's hi-speed in the city but we are regarded as a 'low income' area and as such, they will not
    provide service. This is something they are now doing nationwide.

    I've had so many problems over the years with our provider, AT&T. Like you live where you do so
    put up with it. How wrong they were to say that - they got told in no uncertain terms that we pay
    the same price as those in the city area so are entitled to the same service and I would report them
    to the powers that be for their attitude. Haven't had a problem since.

    Phone companies here have been trying to get additional fees attached to our bills for 'rural phone
    service'.

    Cath

    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.., Jun 19, 2008
  8. Dave Doe

    Malcolm Guest

    Re: Any sign of the SP3 coming out on a NZ Computer World Mag discyet?

    On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 12:49:46 -0500
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit.usacom.. wrote:

    > On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 08:11:08 +1200, Mutlley <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Peter <> wrote:

    > >>bit too big for dial up (or average NZ "broadband")
    > >>

    > >You mean there are still people on this news group who are on dial
    > >up??

    > Yep, when you have no option!
    > Time-Warner has finally come up with high-speed but they want a
    > fortune plus a 12 month contract.
    >
    > There's hi-speed in the city but we are regarded as a 'low income'
    > area and as such, they will not provide service. This is
    > something they are now doing nationwide.
    >
    > I've had so many problems over the years with our provider,
    > AT&T. Like you live where you do so put up with it. How wrong
    > they were to say that - they got told in no uncertain terms that we
    > pay the same price as those in the city area so are entitled to the
    > same service and I would report them to the powers that be for their
    > attitude. Haven't had a problem since.
    >
    > Phone companies here have been trying to get additional fees attached
    > to our bills for 'rural phone service'.
    >
    > Cath

    Hi
    What about cellphone (verizon?) can you get coverage. Here on
    Cellularsouth I get EDVO for 24.95 a month ontop of the standard phone
    charge with no caps.

    http://evdomaps.com/

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 173.14.09

    Malcolm, Jun 19, 2008