Re: Any problems with AVG8?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Nokternl, May 21, 2008.

  1. Nokternl

    Nokternl Guest

    On May 15, 6:56 pm, Gualtier Malde <> wrote:
    > I am running Windows 2000 SP 4 and have AVG 7.5 installed.  I recently renewed
    > my subscription and now AVG is urging download and installation of v 8.  I am
    > writing because I think I recall someone describing some trouble with v 8, but I
    > can't find the reference.
    >
    > So: Anyone having trouble with v 8 in this environment?
    >
    > Thanks

    In my office, we have had both good and bad luck, but we've only
    installed AVG8 on a handful of Win2k machines. Only one installation
    has failed and we weren't exactly sure why this happened. Provided
    that memory serves me correctly, i believe it was because SP4 wasn't
    installed first, but unfortunately I cannot remember for sure since it
    was a while ago. I just wanted to let you know that our office had
    trouble with an installation. One thing I do remember as part of one
    of the AVG8 upgrade was that there is a Roxio patch that was required
    to be installed before AVG8. If believe the installer had the link to
    download the update when the error occurred, so you might want to take
    that into account if you have it. I hope this helps you on your road
    to an answer.

    Nokternl, May 21, 2008