Re: Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jeffery Small, Apr 12, 2014.

  1. Neil Ellwood wrote:

    > Have you tried Raw Studio or Raw Therapee ?

    One final follow-up for those interested. I did install both programs and
    tested them. It turns out that Raw Studio can properly display Minolta
    (mrw) files but not Sony (arw) images. However, Raw Therapee appears to
    work properly with both file types. I added screenshots to the webpage at:

    http://smallthoughts.com/photos/misc/GIMP/index.html

    showing the results. So I will be switching to Raw Therapee since it
    is the tool that provides the best starting point for raw file editing.

    Thanks Neil for the recommendation, and thank you to everyone else who offered
    advice on the issue of UFRaw.

    Regards,
    --
    Jeff