    GPG Key ID 1B1B6A1D5A2407C3
    Noho ora mai, ka kite ano
    http://maxqnz.com/References.html

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 13, 2003

  2. Max Quordlepleen

    TRADESMAN Guest

    Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    > Taumatawhakatangihanga is just a hill, about 80K from my place. I
    > tried googling for "The Lone Ranger" by Quantum Jump, but the lyrics
    > page I found, http://snipurl.com/3e7w , did not include the extra bit
    > you mention. It also used a "y" in several places, a letter that does
    > not exist in Maaori.

    Why no y?

    TRADESMAN, Dec 13, 2003

  3. Max Quordlepleen

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Max Quordlepleen said:

    > Taumatawhakatangihanga is just a hill, about 80K from my place. I
    > tried googling for "The Lone Ranger" by Quantum Jump, but the lyrics
    > page I found, http://snipurl.com/3e7w , did not include the extra bit
    > you mention. It also used a "y" in several places, a letter that does
    > not exist in Maaori.

    Yes, originally I got the lyrics from a quick googling, then when I did a search
    whith the first 10 letters I got the proper spelling.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 13, 2003
  4. Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    > Taumatawhakatangihanga is just a hill, about 80K from my place. I

    Hey, it may be "just" a hill to you, but to millions of critters large
    and small, it's Home.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
    [still no new sig]

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 13, 2003
  5. Blinky the Shark <> writes:

    > Hey, it may be "just" a hill to you, but to millions of critters large
    > and small, it's Home.

    Aks shirley, the "just" was a reference to those sites that list it as
    the longest place name still in common use. (A)I've only met two
    people (both of whom were raised speaking Maaori as their first
    language) who can actually say the whole damn thing, (2), it's not
    really a "place" as such, just a hill with a ridiculously long road
    sign next to it. There are many large critters there, probably a few
    sheep (surprise, surprise!), but I will cheerfully concede to te
    near-certain presence of billions of small critters. :D

    --
    Registered Linux User 297164

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 13, 2003
  6. Max Quordlepleen

    Bea Con Guest

    Well i wouldn't describe kiwis as 'critters large and
    small', but if you're one of them i suppose you can describe
    yourself anyway you want.

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    >
    > > Taumatawhakatangihanga is just a hill, about 80K from

    my place. I

    > Hey, it may be "just" a hill to you, but to millions of

    critters large
    > and small, it's Home.
    >
    > --
    > Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux

    RU 4892F

    Bea Con, Dec 13, 2003
  7. Bea Con wrote:

    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> Max Quordlepleen wrote:

    >>> Taumatawhakatangihanga is just a hill, about 80K from
    >>> my place. I

    >> Hey, it may be "just" a hill to you, but to millions of
    >> critters large and small, it's Home.

    > Well i wouldn't describe kiwis as 'critters large and
    > small', but if you're one of them i suppose you can describe
    > yourself anyway you want.

    Ever hear of things like insects and birds? I trust New Zealand
    has these.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
    [still no new sig]

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 13, 2003
  8. Blinky the Shark <> writes:

    > Ever hear of things like insects and birds? I trust New Zealand
    > has these.

    The NZ bird I most miss having had the opportunity to see is the
    hapgornis - the largets eagle ever to have existed anywhere. It's
    talosn are the same size as tigers' claws. It would have been a real
    sight to see, for sure.

    Max Quordlepleen, Dec 13, 2003
  9. Max Quordlepleen wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> writes:

    >> Ever hear of things like insects and birds? I trust New Zealand
    >> has these.

    > The NZ bird I most miss having had the opportunity to see is the
    > hapgornis - the largets eagle ever to have existed anywhere. It's
    > talosn are the same size as tigers' claws. It would have been a real

    Good gravy!

    > sight to see, for sure.

    No kidding.

    --
    Blinky - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Linux RU 4892F
    [still no new sig]

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 13, 2003