Re: any ideas?

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Feb 11, 2007.

  1. Is it that your "domain administrator" account is locked out or your
    "local administrator" account is locked? You can use credentials from
    your "domain administrator" account to install programs on the local
    machine.

    If your domain administrator account keeps getting locked out, you need
    to look on the server to see what is going on.

    I have seen where individuals get the two confused and insert on
    password for the other account causing the lockout.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Feb 11, 2007

  2. Michael

    Its the local admin account locked out. I am going to do away with the local
    admin accounts though like Jon suggested. It will make things easier for PCs
    connected to the domain. What i did Friday was put that domain user in the
    domain admins group temporarily so i could get control of that PC again.
    When I do i'll create a domain admin account for myself and then take that
    user out of the domain admins. It's nice to not have to format the machine
    to get a local admin account for myself function again. Plus i'll be doing
    this for all PCs connected the domain in the future. :)

    Keith

    Keith Chilton, Feb 11, 2007