Re: Any ideas please

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by WhzzKdd, Mar 6, 2007.

  1. WhzzKdd

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "Jimbo" <toytown.com> wrote in message
    > These things keep appearing on my taskbar. Have run loads of spyware and
    > anti virus ,nothing at all, when i hover over them instead of a pop up
    > telling me what they are they just disappear one after the other, puzzled
    > Glenn

    Hi, Glenn

    This newsgroup is "text only" - posting your screen shot will not be
    appreciated by people using dial-up connections to the web who have to wait
    forever for that to download. So I'd suggest next time you post it to some
    web space and put a link here instead.

    Instead of hovering your mouse and waiting for the pop-up, try to
    right-click on one with your mouse - see if you get anything that might help
    identify it that way.

    Also, you can check your running processes - ctrl-alt-del brings up the task
    manager. If there are a bunch of these in the system tray, you may find a
    bunch of identical processes running which could provide a hint.

    WhzzKdd, Mar 6, 2007

  2. WhzzKdd

    McFly Guest

    Jimbo,

    It's useless if you're running/using an outdated antivirus and/or
    antispyware programs. Here are some free stuff if you don't want to
    spend a dime:
    antivirus progz: Avast!, AVG Free, Avira AntiVir PersonalEdition
    Classic (pick one, running more than one AV programs have been known
    to cause conflicts)
    antispyware progz: Spybot S&D, Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE Personal, MS
    Defender, AVG Antispyware (formerly Ewido Antispyware), Spyware
    Blaster (I suggest to use them ALL)

    -fly-

    McFly, Mar 7, 2007