Re: Any good 16 bit photo editors out there?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 1, 2003.

  1. Roland Karlsson <> writes:

    > I have PhotoShop 5.5 - it sux big time at 16 bit. Most
    > of the functionality just stop working at 16 bit. Now
    > I wonder - are there any photo editors for 16 bit.

    Picture Window Pro from <www.dl-c.com>. It does everything it
    supports in 16-bit, and has the best color-correction and the best
    curves tool of any photo editor I've used.

    What it doesn't have is layers or adjustment layers, so it's not very
    supportive of "reversible editing"; I normally like to try to make as
    few irreversible changes as I can, so I can change my mind without
    reconstructing hours of work.
    --
    David Dyer-Bennet, <>, <www.dd-b.net/dd-b/>
    David Dyer-Bennet, Aug 1, 2003

  2. David Dyer-Bennet

    David Chien Guest

    Yes, already out and a great one at that. Quantel QPaintbox Pro.

    Info:
    http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/infopool.nsf/html/QPaintboxmain

    Brochure in Adobe Acrobat format:
    http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/resource.nsf/Files/Graphics_Brochure/$File/Graphics_Brochure.pdf

    Full 16-bit YUV/RGB processing for everything, and it'll do anything you
    want.
    David Chien, Aug 1, 2003

  3. David Chien <> wrote in

    > Yes, already out and a great one at that. Quantel QPaintbox Pro.
    >
    > Info:
    > http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/infopool.nsf/html/QPaintboxmain
    >
    > Brochure in Adobe Acrobat format:
    > http://www.quantel.com/domisphere/resource.nsf/Files/Graphics_Brochure/$F
    > ile/Graphics_Brochure.pdf
    >
    > Full 16-bit YUV/RGB processing for everything, and it'll do anything you
    > want.

    I am sorry - I don't understand the web pages. Looks like
    sales talk to me - "close to air graphics" - "post production
    business", "NLE" and "HD". I have not the slightest idea
    what they are selling - and I find no prices either - assume that
    the totally incomprehensible things are expensive :)

    Roland
    Roland Karlsson, Aug 1, 2003