Re: Any chance of getting Relic Hunter DVD? (UPN Network Series)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by SRT, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. SRT

    SRT Guest

    "Rieper" <> wrote in message
    > I love Relic Hunter, which to me is like Tomb Raider for adults. More
    > intelligent, mature storylines. Anyway, what is the chance that a UPN
    > Network series comes to DVD?
    >
    > S.Anderson

    The answer to your main question is that it is already available on DVD. I
    just received a 2-disc set from AmazonUK that contains 6 episodes. I am not
    familiar with the show and the packaging does not indicate which season the
    episodes are from, so I have no clue other than there is a copyright date of
    2000. Is the show still in production, and if not was it on for more than a
    season or partial season? The packaging is labeled "Volume One of a Four
    Volume Set". If the other three volumes each contain 6 episodes, it must
    have been on the air for at least one full season. I was mainly interested
    in ordering another item, but just happened across the description for Relic
    Hunter while placing the order and thought it sounded interesting enough to
    add.

    I've only watched one episode so far "The Put Back", and based on it must
    say I have no idea where you get the description of "Tomb Raiders for
    adults. More intelligent, mature storylines . . .". It just appears to be
    your basic, fairly tame (if not lame) syndicated action/adventure, Indiana
    Jones ripoff series, geared specifically for the likes of UPN, WB, WGN, TBS,
    Fox, etc, which is what I was half-way expecting when I ordered it. I guess
    the one positive thing I can say is that it is a nice change to see the
    "Indy" character portryaed as a female. Maybe the remianing five episodes
    will improve, however, I'm not optomistic that will be the case. If not,
    I'll avoid the remaining 3 volumes and just stick to the "Laura Croft"
    movies, which are closer to your description for Relic Hunter.

    srt
    SRT, Aug 4, 2003