Re: Any Advice 70-216

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by S. O'Brien, Sep 5, 2003.

  1. S. O'Brien

    S. O'Brien Guest

    this exam is called "The Beast"... for a reason... this is probably one of
    the hardest exams you will ever take... and that is no exageration. A lot
    of people have failed this exam... there is no shame in that... as long as
    you dont give up and try again... Before you go to write this exam be SURE
    you feel you are 100% ready to this exam... If you have ANY doubt
    whatsoever, I wouldnt advise taking it... reschedule... no shame in that
    either. Also, go to the MS site and get the objectives covered by the exam.
    If you feel weak in any of these subjects, then study them again until you
    are comfortable with them. The exam is not particularly difficult but there
    are a lot of details to absorb during the testing. One simple sententance
    can change the whole answer. Choose your answers wisely and answer all
    questions... a guess is better then leaving the answer blank as you may not
    have the time to go back to change your answer. If unsure, choose your best
    guess and dont second guess yourself unless you re-read the question and you
    notice a detail you missed on the first reading. Mark ALL questions you had
    to guess at... that will save you time at the end of the exam to isolate the
    ones you KNOW you could have wrong. What I normally do with all my exams is
    read the questions, answer authoratively as you can, guess at ones you dont
    and use whatever time you have left to review the guessed ones. This way,
    the answers you gave authoratatively, you will get the easy marks for... the
    more you can answer authoratatively the first time around, the more you will
    get right... basically, answer the ones you KNOW and go back over the rest
    and see if you can get the rest. Sometimes, on all these exams, a question
    later on will trigger a memory of facts you needed for earlier questions so
    you CAN go back and answer those authoratatively as well.

    Again, if you are not sure of your knowledge, I would advise against taking
    it... reschedule for later the week or after the weekend... this exam
    requires confidence in your knowledge... any doubt at all and you will
    possibly fail. Once people get a look at the questions, any doubt they had
    will amplify and then panic sets in, and then details get missed, then
    questions get answered wrong... it has a domino affect... hence the reason
    for the required confidence level... the more confident you are, the more
    relaxed you are going to be

    I will not advise you to sleep well the night before the exam as a lot of
    people do... I found if I was particularly nervous or reversely, confident,
    about the exam, the less sleep I got. If I was particularly confident about
    the exam I was anxious to write it to prove I was right about it. I was
    like this on my second sitting of this exam, and 215, CNA, A+ and CCNA
    exams. I think I was also pretty confident about 218 as well but then I
    didnt really study for that one since it covered topics from 210, 215, 216
    and 217 which I had already taken.

    good luck, relax, feel confident and you should do fine. But as I said, if
    you fail this particular exam, don't feel ashamed... I think the percentage
    of passes on first sitting is only 18% (not 100% sure of statistics on this
    one but I know it is a low percentage).

    HTH

    --
    Sue MCNGP #69
    http://www.mcngp.tk

    S. O'Brien, Sep 5, 2003

  2. S. O'Brien

    Dragon Guest

    And who says people here (INCLUDING MCNGPs) don't help.

    Dragon, Sep 6, 2003