Re: Anti-Virus software for Windows XP Professional x64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by PA Bear, Jul 23, 2005.

  1. PA Bear

    PA Bear Guest

    You can post your queries to this 64 bit-specific newsgroup (to which I'm
    crossposting my reply):

    microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    On the web:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...spx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general

    In your newsreader:
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

    PA Bear, Jul 23, 2005

  2. PA Bear

    John Barnes Guest

    Avast works for most(and is free for home use), a shutdown problem for some.
    McAfee and Norton have corporate versions that are x64 compatible. The most
    reasonable eTrust AntiVirus Version 7.1 which can be purchased in OEM
    version http://www.buycheapsoftware.com/details.asp?productID=1825

    John Barnes, Jul 23, 2005

  3. Nod32-x64 beta/trial works best for me... I tried the others...

    Gary D

    Gary J. Dikkema, Jul 23, 2005
  4. PA Bear

    NNBXX Guest

    Same here.

    NNBXX, Jul 23, 2005

    =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?=, Jul 23, 2005
  6. nod32-x64: never worked for me, after i install nod beta some programs stop
    working(ie-32bit, opera, vypress chat, dc++); avast : random shutdown
    problem; sav10 (symantec antivirus) no problem so far, system stable.

    =?Utf-8?B?RGFueXhw?=, Jul 26, 2005