Re: Answering PSTN landline calls on VOIP handset

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Gordon Henderson, Apr 2, 2010.

  1. In article <>,
    Andrew W Young <> wrote:

    >I am looking for a way to answer PSTN landline calls on a VOIP handset.
    >
    >The aim is to have one handset which rings for both its own incoming
    >VOIP calls and also any calls on a landline within the premises.
    >
    >Any ideas on a piece of hardware to present the PSTN line to the VOIP
    >handset?

    Siemens Gigaset DECT phones.

    The base has both VoIP and analogue capabilities.

    I've installed a few of these for "home worker" type scenarios where the
    VoIP line is off the office PBX via broadband and the analogue port is
    connected to the home phone line. Outgoing call selection can be made
    on the handset.

    The alternative is an ATA - Analogue Temrinal Adapter type box - lets you
    use your existing analogue phones.. Some routers have them built in too.

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 2, 2010

  2. Gordon Henderson

    Ian Pawson Guest

    On 02/04/10 18:42, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > Andrew W Young<> wrote:
    >>
    >> I am looking for a way to answer PSTN landline calls on a VOIP handset.
    >>
    >> The aim is to have one handset which rings for both its own incoming
    >> VOIP calls and also any calls on a landline within the premises.
    >>
    >> Any ideas on a piece of hardware to present the PSTN line to the VOIP
    >> handset?

    > Siemens Gigaset DECT phones.
    >
    > The base has both VoIP and analogue capabilities.
    >
    > I've installed a few of these for "home worker" type scenarios where the
    > VoIP line is off the office PBX via broadband and the analogue port is
    > connected to the home phone line. Outgoing call selection can be made
    > on the handset.
    >
    > The alternative is an ATA - Analogue Temrinal Adapter type box - lets you
    > use your existing analogue phones.. Some routers have them built in too.
    >
    > Gordon

    Agree about the Gigaset - had a 475ip for some time now - works a treat.

    Ian Pawson, Apr 3, 2010

  3. Gordon Henderson

    divoch Guest

    "Ian Pawson" <> wrote in message
    > On 02/04/10 18:42, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    >> In article<>,
    >> Andrew W Young<> wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I am looking for a way to answer PSTN landline calls on a VOIP handset.
    >>>
    >>> The aim is to have one handset which rings for both its own incoming
    >>> VOIP calls and also any calls on a landline within the premises.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas on a piece of hardware to present the PSTN line to the VOIP
    >>> handset?

    >> Siemens Gigaset DECT phones.
    >>
    >> The base has both VoIP and analogue capabilities.
    >>
    >> I've installed a few of these for "home worker" type scenarios where the
    >> VoIP line is off the office PBX via broadband and the analogue port is
    >> connected to the home phone line. Outgoing call selection can be made
    >> on the handset.
    >>
    >> The alternative is an ATA - Analogue Temrinal Adapter type box - lets you
    >> use your existing analogue phones.. Some routers have them built in too.
    >>
    >> Gordon

    > Agree about the Gigaset - had a 475ip for some time now - works a treat.

    Can you connect more than one VOPI lines to Gigaset DECT phones or any other
    VOPI/DECT phone?
    divoch

    divoch, Apr 7, 2010
  4. In article <>,
    Jono <> wrote:
    >R. Mark Clayton expressed precisely :
    >>> Can you connect more than one VOIP lines to Gigaset DECT phones or any
    >>> other VOIP/DECT phone?
    >>> divoch

    >> The latest (IP785?) version allows for six Voip accounts, one landline and
    >> Siemens' own proprietary (but free) Gigaset service.

    >I don't think you can use it as a gateway for other, separate devices,
    >though.

    True

    >I would suspect that other maufacturer's handsets can be paired with
    >the base.

    They can - but can only use the first account to take a call on (or it
    might be all accounts, I'd need to check - I do have one at home setup
    like this)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Apr 8, 2010