Re: Another ubuntu failure

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Will Spencer, Apr 15, 2010.

  1. Will Spencer

    Will Spencer Guest

    On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:

    > So I've been using Ubuntu 8.10 for a couple of years now on a Dell laptop (I
    > dare not upgrade after all the jumping through hoops to get it setup just
    > right).
    >
    > I decide to try plugging my mobile phone in - after all it allows for
    > connecting to Linux in it's protocol selection screen.
    >
    > Ubuntu asks if I want to use F-spot to manage the photo device it has
    > detected.
    >
    > Much disk thrashing later and F-spot crashes.
    >
    > A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
    >
    > Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

    Linux is a perpetual failure.

    -ws

    Will Spencer, Apr 15, 2010

  2. Will Spencer

    victor Guest

    victor, Apr 15, 2010

  3. Will Spencer

    Lodi Guest

    Lodi, Apr 16, 2010
  4. Will Spencer

    Dave Doe Guest

    In article <hq87mh$9hs$>, says...

    > > victor wrote:

    > > On 15/04/10 16:34, Will Spencer wrote:
    > >

    > >> Linux is a perpetual failure.
    > >>
    > >> -ws

    > > http://serversiders.com/teranews.com

    > LOL
    >
    > Lodi

    Isn't that that Free* usenet server? Everything's free*. Free* access,
    free* account.

    *setup charge may apply - LOL

    --
    Duncan.