Re: Another ubuntu failure

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Sweetpea, Apr 2, 2010.

  1. Sweetpea

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:

    > A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
    >
    > Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

    Sounds like another issue for Sony Ericsson products. It appears that Ericsson gear doesn't like
    working with Open Standards based software.

    Sweetpea, Apr 2, 2010

  2. Sweetpea

    Sweetpea Guest

    On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 23:18:22 +1300, ofn01 wrote:

    > "Sweetpea" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:
    >>
    >>> A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
    >>>
    >>> Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

    >> Sounds like another issue for Sony Ericsson products. It appears that
    >> Ericsson gear doesn't like
    >> working with Open Standards based software.
    >>

    > Looking into the issue further it seems to affect all sorts of media
    > devices, including digital cameras. I have tried f-spot, gthumb and
    > picasa for linux and they all exhibit the same behaviour.
    >
    > The Sony Ericsson phone I have has a specific option for allowing
    > connectivity to Linux.

    My Fuji camera has no issues connecting to Linux machines.

    But A friend's Sony TV won't connect with Fuji cameras.

    So when you mentioned problems with Sony Ericsson equipment connecting with non-Sony systems, I
    was not surprised.

    Sweetpea, Apr 2, 2010

  3. Sweetpea

    Gordon Guest

    On 2010-04-02, ofn01 <> wrote:

    > "Sweetpea" <> wrote in message
    >> On Fri, 02 Apr 2010 19:45:27 +1300, ofn01 wrote:
    >>
    >>> A quick search for F-spot Sony Ericsson reveals loads of problems.
    >>>
    >>> Of course, not a problem getting it to work on XP.

    >> Sounds like another issue for Sony Ericsson products. It appears that
    >> Ericsson gear doesn't like
    >> working with Open Standards based software.
    >>

    > Looking into the issue further it seems to affect all sorts of media
    > devices, including digital cameras. I have tried f-spot, gthumb and picasa
    > for linux and they all exhibit the same behaviour.
    >
    > The Sony Ericsson phone I have has a specific option for allowing
    > connectivity to Linux.

    Look, history shows that Sony, rootkited their CDs and then got caught. Need
    more be said now.
    Gordon, Apr 5, 2010