Re: Another Micoshfat centric myth dies: 75% of Linux developers are now paid

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Storm, Jan 23, 2010.

  1. Storm

    Storm Guest

    On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:46:42 GMT, 7
    <> wrote:

    >Erik Funkenbusch wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 20:38:00 GMT, 7 wrote:
    >>
    >>> Doh!
    >>>
    >>> It is fool, the set of Linux developers that is paid is still 75% of code
    >>> developers that is paid to develop Linux code in a 1:1 set relation
    >>> regardless of how else they may or may not get paid additionally,
    >>> directly, indirectly, before tax or after tax.

    >> No, 7.
    >>
    >> 75% of the code in the linux kernel is written by paid developers.
    >>
    >> That 75% of code could have been written by 1 person, or 2000, but
    >> regardless, the amount of code is not equal to the number of programmers.

    >Oh! Doooh!!!!!!
    >
    >Can't your read fool?
    >75% of LINUX DEVELOPERS are still paid Linux developers whether its 1 person

    This makes no sense whatsoever. Your maths is totally faulty. (Like
    your reasoning).

    Let me explain:

    If 75% of paid Linux "developers" are 1 person, (according to your
    rather rude post) then 100% (i.e. all) linux developers are 1.33r
    people. So according to your reasoning the entire "paid" Linux
    development contigent on the planet consist of 1 and one third people.
    How can there be a third of a person, and if this one third pseron
    exists, which bit does the development?

    Eh?
    Storm, Jan 23, 2010

  2. Storm

    Storm Guest

    On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 01:28:54 +0100, Hadron<>
    wrote:

    >Storm <> writes:
    >
    >> On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 22:46:42 GMT, 7
    >>id Linux developers whether its 1 person

    <snip>

    >> This makes no sense whatsoever. Your maths is totally faulty. (Like
    >> your reasoning).
    >>
    >> Let me explain:
    >>
    >> If 75% of paid Linux "developers" are 1 person, (according to your
    >> rather rude post) then 100% (i.e. all) linux developers are 1.33r
    >> people. So according to your reasoning the entire "paid" Linux
    >> development contigent on the planet consist of 1 and one third people.
    >> How can there be a third of a person, and if this one third pseron
    >> exists, which bit does the development?
    >>

    >I dont think I ever saw such a silly post.

    You ought to read more postings ;-)
    Storm, Jan 24, 2010